- Type: White
- Country: England
- Region: England
- Vintage: 2016/2016
- Producer: Chapel Down
- Primary grape: Bacchus
- Bottle size: 75cl
- List price: £14.58
- Code: 27178
The Product and Allergen information provided has been supplied by the Producer/Manufacturer of the products. Matthew Clark gives no warranty or reliance as to the accuracy of the information and anyone relying upon and/or using the information should satisfy themselves as to the accuracy of such information.
Dry, refreshing, delicate, light whites
- Very mild-flavoured cheeses e.g. Caerphilly, Cheddar (mild). Cream cheese e.g. ricotta. Feta, halloumi, mozzarella
- Clam chowder, cerviche, haddock, halibut, hake, mussels, oysters, prawns and shrimps, sardines, scallops, sushi, trout
- Basil, chives, dill, fennel, mustard, parsley, saffron, sage, thyme, wasabi
- Light chicken dishes, black pudding, goose, guinea fowl, ham, pork, veal
- Aioli, beurre blanc with lemon, light olive oil and fish-based sauces e.g. marinara. Contrasts well with rich sauces
- The lightest spiced seafood dishes
- Caesar, feta, green, light seafood, niçoise, rocket, tomato and mozzarella, Waldorf salads. Courgette, cucumber, risotto
About the Wine
This fabulous white Wine by Chapel Down is produced in England. Available in 75cl bottles, supplied by Chapel Down. Chapel Down Bacchus White, England is an inviting wine, made from Bacchus grapes. This screwcap wine is now available to order via MC Live. Light and refreshing, a mouth-watering partner for salads and seafood. This wine is in our core range.
A leading English producer with a world-class range of sparkling and still wines. Based in Kent, winemaker Josh Donaghay-Spire sources fruit across the South East and produces traditional method sparkling wines, crisp, aromatic white wines, delicate rosés and elegant light red wines. The ability to source grape varieties from different terroirs enables results in a broad range of wine styles whilst also dedicating the best plots to single vineyard projects, such as the Kit’s Coty collection.
The excitement around English wines continues to grow with more area under vine and further investments, not to mention global accolades, year on year. With the call for 'local' ever more apparent to the consumer, now is the time to explore the best our nation's vineyards have to offer.Explore England