- Type: White
- Country: France
- Region: Burgundy
- Vintage: 2019
- Producer: Louis Jadot
- Primary grape: Chardonnay
- Bottle size: 75cl
- List price: £17.62
- Code: 27088
- 2017, Bronze Decanter World Wine Awards 2019
- 2017, Silver International Wine Challenge 2019
The Product and Allergen information provided has been supplied by the Producer/Manufacturer of the products. Matthew Clark gives no warranty or reliance as to the accuracy of the information and anyone relying upon and/or using the information should satisfy themselves as to the accuracy of such information.
Dry, refreshing, delicate, light whites
- Very mild-flavoured cheeses e.g. Caerphilly, Cheddar (mild). Cream cheese e.g. ricotta. Feta, halloumi, mozzarella
- Clam chowder, cerviche, haddock, halibut, hake, mussels, oysters, prawns and shrimps, sardines, scallops, sushi, trout
- Basil, chives, dill, fennel, mustard, parsley, saffron, sage, thyme, wasabi
- Light chicken dishes, black pudding, goose, guinea fowl, ham, pork, veal
- Aioli, beurre blanc with lemon, light olive oil and fish-based sauces e.g. marinara. Contrasts well with rich sauces
- The lightest spiced seafood dishes
- Caesar, feta, green, light seafood, niçoise, rocket, tomato and mozzarella, Waldorf salads. Courgette, cucumber, risotto
About the Wine
This delightful white Wine produced by Louis Jadot originates from the Chablis area of Burgundy. Available in 75cl bottles, imported by Hatch Mansfield. Chablis Cellier de la Sablière, Louis Jadot is an inviting wine, made from Chardonnay grapes. This wine has a cork closure and is made with added suplhites but is suitable for vegetarian drinkers. Mouth-watering and minerally Chablis is perfect with simply prepared seafood, chicken and salads. This wine is part of our core range.
Chardonnay can produce quality wines in a wide range of climates, with a real varied style. In cool climates like Champagne or Chablis it produces a lean steely wine with pronounced acidity. In warmer climates it develops buttery, honey notes whereas hotter climates, it's richer in body with the flavour of tropical fruits.
- Green Apple
Louis Jadot works closely with Matthew Clark, reserving some of their top wines and holding them in cellars in Beaune, giving the opportunity to enjoy Burgundy at its optimum maturity. From vineyard to bottle, sustainability is core. They've banned synthetic products on their soils applying tradition and encouraging vines to grow their roots to mine the soil’s minerality. Some of their vineyards have been managed biodynamically and investments made in an environmentally sympathetic way.
Following on from a fantastic vintage the year before, French vineyards endured a mixed bag of weather conditions in the early part of the growing season followed by a long, hot summer which produced some memorable wines, even to rival to the excellence of the previous year.Explore France