- Type: White
- Country: Australia
- Region: Western Australia
- Vintage: 2016
- Producer: Caves Road
- Primary grape: Chardonnay
- Bottle size: 75cl
- List price: £12.75
- Code: 33467
The Product and Allergen information provided has been supplied by the Producer/Manufacturer of the products. Matthew Clark gives no warranty or reliance as to the accuracy of the information and anyone relying upon and/or using the information should satisfy themselves as to the accuracy of such information.
Juicy, fruit-driven, ripe whites
- Fruity nature makes these flexible with many cheeses. Semi-soft cheeses e.g. Brie, Camembert. Chaumes, Cheddar, Comte
- Firm white fish grilled, seared, baked or casseroled. Fish cakes, paella, salmon, scallops, sea bass, sea bream
- Basil, coriander, cumin, ginger, lemongrass, mustard, tarragon
- Grilled, braised, roast, seared white meats: chicken, pork, turkey, veal. Duck, gammon, goose
- BBQ, chestnut sauce, fish-based sauces, creamy sauces e.g. carbonara, hollandaise, parsley sauce, pesto
- Thai dishes (sweeter). Chinese (Cantonese). Mild or creamy Indian dishes e.g. chicken korma, tandoori fish, red-lentil dahl
- Caesar, chicken, egg, fish or seafood salad. Carrot, endive, leek, lentils, onion tart, parsnip, sweetcorn, risotto
About the Wine
This delightful white wine produced by Caves Road is made in the Margaret River area of Western Australia. This wine is exclusive to Matthew Clark so you won't find it at multiple retailers. Available in 75cl bottles, supplied by Robert Oatley. Caves Road Chardonnay is a delighful wine, made from Merlot grapes. This screwcap wine is made with added-sulphites. Fruit-driven with a touch of spice, will partner an array of full-flavoured chicken, pork and fish dishes well.
Chardonnay can produce quality wines in a wide range of climates, with a real varied style. In cool climates like Champagne or Chablis it produces a lean steely wine with pronounced acidity. In warmer climates it develops buttery, honey notes whereas hotter climates, it's richer in body with the flavour of tropical fruits.
- Green Apple
Australia is at the start of an exciting wine journey. Having been a successful wine growing country with their classic punchy style, we are now seeing more experimentation and diversity, and it's for the better.Explore Australia