- Type: White
- Country: Spain
- Region: Castilla - La Mancha
- Vintage: 2017
- Producer: Casa Albali
- Primary grape: Verdejo
- Secondary grape: Sauvignon Blanc
- Bottle size: 75cl
- List price: £5.54
- Code: 29324
- SILVER (2018) Sommelier Wine Awards 2019
The Product and Allergen information provided has been supplied by the Producer/Manufacturer of the products. Matthew Clark gives no warranty or reliance as to the accuracy of the information and anyone relying upon and/or using the information should satisfy themselves as to the accuracy of such information.
Juicy, fruit-driven, ripe whites
- Fruity nature makes these flexible with many cheeses. Semi-soft cheeses e.g. Brie, Camembert. Chaumes, Cheddar, Comte
- Firm white fish grilled, seared, baked or casseroled. Fish cakes, paella, salmon, scallops, sea bass, sea bream
- Basil, coriander, cumin, ginger, lemongrass, mustard, tarragon
- Grilled, braised, roast, seared white meats: chicken, pork, turkey, veal. Duck, gammon, goose
- BBQ, chestnut sauce, fish-based sauces, creamy sauces e.g. carbonara, hollandaise, parsley sauce, pesto
- Thai dishes (sweeter). Chinese (Cantonese). Mild or creamy Indian dishes e.g. chicken korma, tandoori fish, red-lentil dahl
- Caesar, chicken, egg, fish or seafood salad. Carrot, endive, leek, lentils, onion tart, parsnip, sweetcorn, risotto
About the Wine
This white wine is made by Casa Albali in Castilla - La Mancha. A fine match for seafood, tasty chicken or spicy pork dishes. It is created with mosty Verdejo grapes. You shouldn't find this wine anywhere else, it is exclusive to Matthew Clark. Supplied by Felix Solis.
Sauvignon has boomed in recent years. Its crisp acidity makes it a popular choice as an aperitif or with food. It's an aromatic variety, enjoyed when young, and mostly un-oaked. Produced in a variety of methods in the Old and New World resulting in a light and minerally style to more tropical flavours.
- Green Peppercorn
- Honeydew Melon
- Passion Fruit
Arguably Spain's finest white grape variety, a herbaceous white wine that grows almost exclusively in the Rueda region of Spain. Not to be confused with Verdelho, a Portuguese grape used primarily in Madeira. Typically Verdejo dominated wines are crisp with soft, creamy, nutty overtones, and often accompanied by notes of honey.
- White Peach
Spain has a huge number of unusual and captivating regions aside from the beautiful Rioja. Whilst tradition remains, some producers are really pushing boundaries making Spain one country to keep coming back to.Explore Spain