- Type: White
- Country: France
- Region: Rhône Valley
- Vintage: 2015/2016
- Producer: Jean-Luc Colombo
- Primary grape: Clairette
- Secondary grape: Grenache Blanc/Garnacha Blanca
- Bottle size: 75cl
- List price: £10.30
- Code: 25877
The Product and Allergen information provided has been supplied by the Producer/Manufacturer of the products. Matthew Clark gives no warranty or reliance as to the accuracy of the information and anyone relying upon and/or using the information should satisfy themselves as to the accuracy of such information.
Juicy, fruit-driven, ripe whites
- Fruity nature makes these flexible with many cheeses. Semi-soft cheeses e.g. Brie, Camembert. Chaumes, Cheddar, Comte
- Firm white fish grilled, seared, baked or casseroled. Fish cakes, paella, salmon, scallops, sea bass, sea bream
- Basil, coriander, cumin, ginger, lemongrass, mustard, tarragon
- Grilled, braised, roast, seared white meats: chicken, pork, turkey, veal. Duck, gammon, goose
- BBQ, chestnut sauce, fish-based sauces, creamy sauces e.g. carbonara, hollandaise, parsley sauce, pesto
- Thai dishes (sweeter). Chinese (Cantonese). Mild or creamy Indian dishes e.g. chicken korma, tandoori fish, red-lentil dahl
- Caesar, chicken, egg, fish or seafood salad. Carrot, endive, leek, lentils, onion tart, parsnip, sweetcorn, risotto
About the Wine
This delightful white Wine produced by Jean-Luc Colombo is made in the Côtes du Rhône area of the Rhône Valley. Available in 75cl bottles, imported by Hatch Mansfield. Côtes du Rhône, Les Abeilles Blanc, Jean-Luc Colombo is an inviting wine, made with Clairette, Grenache Blanc/Garnacha Blanca and Roussanne grapes. This wine has a cork closure and is now available to order via MC Live. Juicy and refreshing with delicious white fruit flavours, a mouth-watering partner for salads and seafood.
In just a few years Jean-Luc Colombo has gone from buying his first vineyard in Cornas to being one of the region’s top winemakers. A dynamic food and wine lover, Jean-Luc’s passions are to create wines that give people pleasure, and for each glass to be remembered for its statement of quality. He has been awarded the prestigious Légion d’Honneur award and the winery has been named as one of the top 100 in the world by Wine & Spirit Magazine. Working in harmony with nature is of huge importance.
Following on from a fantastic vintage the year before, French vineyards endured a mixed bag of weather conditions in the early part of the growing season followed by a long, hot summer which produced some memorable wines, even to rival to the excellence of the previous year.Explore France