- Type: White
- Country: Italy
- Region: Puglia
- Vintage: 2017
- Producer: Borsari
- Primary grape: Trebbiano/Ugni Blanc
- Secondary grape: Pinot Grigio/Pinot Gris
- Bottle size: 75cl
- List price: £5.59
- Code: 25922
The Product and Allergen information provided has been supplied by the Producer/Manufacturer of the products. Matthew Clark gives no warranty or reliance as to the accuracy of the information and anyone relying upon and/or using the information should satisfy themselves as to the accuracy of such information.
Dry, refreshing, delicate, light whites
- Very mild-flavoured cheeses e.g. Caerphilly, Cheddar (mild). Cream cheese e.g. ricotta. Feta, halloumi, mozzarella
- Clam chowder, cerviche, haddock, halibut, hake, mussels, oysters, prawns and shrimps, sardines, scallops, sushi, trout
- Basil, chives, dill, fennel, mustard, parsley, saffron, sage, thyme, wasabi
- Light chicken dishes, black pudding, goose, guinea fowl, ham, pork, veal
- Aioli, beurre blanc with lemon, light olive oil and fish-based sauces e.g. marinara. Contrasts well with rich sauces
- The lightest spiced seafood dishes
- Caesar, feta, green, light seafood, niçoise, rocket, tomato and mozzarella, Waldorf salads. Courgette, cucumber, risotto
About the Wine
This white wine is made by Borsari in Puglia. Refreshing, herbal notes - excellent with light Mediterranean, salad and seafood dishes. Formed from primarily Trebbiano/Ugni Blanc grapes, this wine is vegetarian. To the best of our knowledge, this wine is wine is an on-trade exclusive. Supplied by Enoitalia.
Pinot Grigio/Pinot Gris
Pee-noe Gree-joe / Pee-noe Gree
Pinot Grigio and Pinot Gris are one in the same grape variety, but quite different in style. Pinot Grigio has gained an immense following in the UK, and most hails from north-east Italy, Veneto. It's lighter in style and best drunk young. Pinot Gris tends to have more body and is more vicious in texture.
This grape is used to create Cognac and Brandy for its high acidity and low in sugar. The wine is generally dry and crisp, but with a fresh and fruity flavor and a bitter almond note at the end.
- Citrus Zest
From the cool northern regions to the sizzling south of Sicily, Italy is a kaleidoscope of colours, flavours, grapes and styles from regions such as Borolo to lesser-known Montefalco and Etna.Explore Italy