- Type: White
- Country: France
- Region: Loire Valley
- Vintage: 2010/2013
- Producer: Château de Fesles
- Primary grape: Chenin Blanc
- Bottle size: 50cl
- List price: £29.32
- Code: 29243
- 2014, Silver Sommelier Wine Awards 2019
- 2013, Bronze Decanter World Wine Awards 2019
The Product and Allergen information provided has been supplied by the Producer/Manufacturer of the products. Matthew Clark gives no warranty or reliance as to the accuracy of the information and anyone relying upon and/or using the information should satisfy themselves as to the accuracy of such information.
Refreshing, racy, medium-sweet wines
- Sweetish, racy whites are good with some semi-soft, pungent cheeses.
- Refreshing medium-sweet wines will work really well with a surprisingly wide range of seafood and fish dishes.
- This style of wine also works well with light Asian dishes with sweet ingredients such as palm sugar.
- Great with the dessert course, there is little to beat them paired with desserts based on fresh fruits, or that are light and delicate, just as long as the wine is at least as sweet as the dessert.
About the Wine
This excellent white wine by Château de Fesles is produced in the Anjou-Saumur area of the Loire Valley. This wine is exclusive to Matthew Clark meaning you won't find it at multiple retailers. Available in 50cl bottles, imported by Les Grands Chais de France. Bonnezeaux is a flavourful wine, made from Chenin Blanc grapes. This cork closed wine is made with added-sulphites. Luscious, sticky, sweet - heaven with rich and equally sweet and rich desserts.
This great little grape is so diverse, it is capable of producing a broad range of wines from dry to very sweet and sparkling. It has a high acidity, can age very well, and makes a fantastic food wine.
- Passion Fruit
Most of France enjoyed a long, glorious warm summer, which set wineries up for a great 2018 vintage. A welcome relief from the previous one which was the smallest since World War II.Explore France