- Type: White
- Country: Australia
- Region: Tasmania
- Vintage: 2016/2017
- Producer: Bay of Fires
- Primary grape: Pinot Grigio/Pinot Gris
- Bottle size: 75cl
- List price: £14.85
- Code: 29189
- BRONZE (2017) INTERNATIONAL WINE CHALLENGE 2018
- SILVER (2017) DECANTER WORLD WINE AWARDS 2018
The Product and Allergen information provided has been supplied by the Producer/Manufacturer of the products. Matthew Clark gives no warranty or reliance as to the accuracy of the information and anyone relying upon and/or using the information should satisfy themselves as to the accuracy of such information.
Juicy, fruit-driven, ripe whites
- Fruity nature makes these flexible with many cheeses. Semi-soft cheeses e.g. Brie, Camembert. Chaumes, Cheddar, Comte
- Firm white fish grilled, seared, baked or casseroled. Fish cakes, paella, salmon, scallops, sea bass, sea bream
- Basil, coriander, cumin, ginger, lemongrass, mustard, tarragon
- Grilled, braised, roast, seared white meats: chicken, pork, turkey, veal. Duck, gammon, goose
- BBQ, chestnut sauce, fish-based sauces, creamy sauces e.g. carbonara, hollandaise, parsley sauce, pesto
- Thai dishes (sweeter). Chinese (Cantonese). Mild or creamy Indian dishes e.g. chicken korma, tandoori fish, red-lentil dahl
- Caesar, chicken, egg, fish or seafood salad. Carrot, endive, leek, lentils, onion tart, parsnip, sweetcorn, risotto
About the Wine
This white wine is made by Bay of Fires in Tasmania. Juicy and refreshing with delicious white fruit flavours, a mouth-watering partner for salads and seafood. It is created with mosty Pinot Grigio/Pinot Gris grapes. To the best of our knowledge, this wine is wine is an on-trade exclusive. Supplied by Accolade Wines.
Pinot Grigio/Pinot Gris
Pee-noe Gree-joe / Pee-noe Gree
Pinot Grigio and Pinot Gris are one in the same grape variety, but quite different in style. Pinot Grigio has gained an immense following in the UK, and most hails from north-east Italy, Veneto. It's lighter in style and best drunk young. Pinot Gris tends to have more body and is more vicious in texture.
The winery, established in the 1990s to produce cool climate Tasmanian wines and to identify outstanding cool climate vineyard sites and plant the variety that harmonises with the vineyard to express the personality of the site. All fruit, sourced from vineyards around the east of the island, is vinified separately before blending, allowing for each vineyard’s essence and character to be expressed and shine through.
Australia is at the start of an exciting wine journey. Having been a successful wine growing country with their classic punchy style, we are now seeing more experimentation and diversity, and it's for the better.Explore Australia