- Type: White
- Country: Hungary
- Region: Tokaj
- Vintage: 2011
- Producer: Béres
- Primary grape: Furmint
- Bottle size: 50cl
- List price: £30.11
- Code: 29128
- 2008, Commended Sommelier Wine Awards 2019
The Product and Allergen information provided has been supplied by the Producer/Manufacturer of the products. Matthew Clark gives no warranty or reliance as to the accuracy of the information and anyone relying upon and/or using the information should satisfy themselves as to the accuracy of such information.
Refreshing, racy, medium-sweet wines
- Sweetish, racy whites are good with some semi-soft, pungent cheeses.
- Refreshing medium-sweet wines will work really well with a surprisingly wide range of seafood and fish dishes.
- This style of wine also works well with light Asian dishes with sweet ingredients such as palm sugar.
- Great with the dessert course, there is little to beat them paired with desserts based on fresh fruits, or that are light and delicate, just as long as the wine is at least as sweet as the dessert.
About the Wine
This delightful white wine from Béres is crafted in the Tokaj area of Hungary. This wine is exclusive to Matthew Clark meaning you won't find it at multiple retailers. Available in 50cl bottles, imported by Béres. Béres Tokaji Aszú 5 Puttonyos is a delicious wine, made from Palomino grapes. This cork closed wine is created with added sulphites. The wine is one of a growing number in our list that can be enjoyed by vegan drinkers. Intensely sweet with a racy-freshness to the finish - works well with fruit desserts.
White grape variety grown in Hungary and Slovakia. Its wines are characterised by their high alcohol levels and their high acidity. It is famously used in Tokaji Aszú dessert wines.
- Green Apple
- Meyer Lemon
The rolling hills are rich in volcanic soils and limestone, ideal for the production of quality wines. With over 100 different grape varieties and 22 regions, Hungary has been an important wine producer in Europe for centuries.Explore Hungary