- Type: White
- Country: France
- Region: Languedoc-Roussillon
- Vintage: 2016
- Producer: Abbotts & Delaunay
- Primary grape: Shiraz/Syrah
- Bottle size: 75cl
- List price: £25.00
- Code: 35677
- 2018, Silver Decanter World Wine Awards 2019
- 2017, Bronze International Wine Challenge 2019
The Product and Allergen information provided has been supplied by the Producer/Manufacturer of the products. Matthew Clark gives no warranty or reliance as to the accuracy of the information and anyone relying upon and/or using the information should satisfy themselves as to the accuracy of such information.
Full-flavoured, nutty, oaked whites
- Some semi-soft cheeses and smoked cheeses work. Production region matches work e.g. Burgundy and Epoisses
- Full-flavoured e.g. monkfish, tuna, turbot. Crab, lobster, paella, rich fish pie, salmon, smoked fish
- Bay leaf, capers, chives, cinnamon, cloves, fennel, ginger, nutmeg, parsley, saffron, sesame, tarragon, thyme, vanilla
- Roast, braised chicken, duck, ham, kidneys, pork, turkey
- Béarnaise, rich butteror cream-based sauces, black truffle, pancetta, pesto, porcini
- Spicy Asian dishes with fresh coconut
- Grilled peppers, onion tart, roasted root vegetables, light and creamy wild mushroom dishes
About the Wine
This delightful white wine produced by Abbotts & Delaunay is made in the Limoux area of Languedoc-Roussillon. Available in 75cl bottles, supplied by PR Brands UK. Abbotts & Delaunay Le Palejo Chardonnay Organic is a delighful wine, made from Chardonnay grapes. This screwcap wine is made with added-sulphites. Soft and spicy partner for beef and chicken dishes with spicy, tangy or fruity sauces.
Shee-rahz / See-rah
The same grape variety, often referred to as Syrah, Old World and Shiraz, New World. It produces deep concentrated wines, full in body, alcohol and tannin. Deep almost opaque purple colour, loads of black fruit and pepper flavours and aromas. When it develops, or is of high quality it often shows notes of leather, spice, smoke and mint.
- Black Plum
- Green Peppercorn
- Milk Chocolate
Abbotts & Delaunay, a result of two passionate winemakers Nerida Abbott and Laurent Delaunay and their shared drive to realise the potential of Languedoc-Roussillon region, producing great wines from its diverse range of terroirs. Laurent knows the region’s terroirs like the back of his hand, having travelled extensively in search of small plots of old vines growing at high altitudes, inspiring him to name some of his wines after clouds and winds.
Most of France enjoyed a long, glorious warm summer, which set wineries up for a great 2018 vintage. A welcome relief from the previous one which was the smallest since World War II.Explore France