- Type: White
- Country: France
- Region: Languedoc-Roussillon
- Vintage: 2019
- Producer: Elevé
- Primary grape: Marsanne
- Secondary grape: Viognier
- Bottle size: 75cl
- List price: £7.50
- Code: 28384
The Product and Allergen information provided has been supplied by the Producer/Manufacturer of the products. Matthew Clark gives no warranty or reliance as to the accuracy of the information and anyone relying upon and/or using the information should satisfy themselves as to the accuracy of such information.
Juicy, fruit-driven, ripe whites
- Fruity nature makes these flexible with many cheeses. Semi-soft cheeses e.g. Brie, Camembert. Chaumes, Cheddar, Comte
- Firm white fish grilled, seared, baked or casseroled. Fish cakes, paella, salmon, scallops, sea bass, sea bream
- Basil, coriander, cumin, ginger, lemongrass, mustard, tarragon
- Grilled, braised, roast, seared white meats: chicken, pork, turkey, veal. Duck, gammon, goose
- BBQ, chestnut sauce, fish-based sauces, creamy sauces e.g. carbonara, hollandaise, parsley sauce, pesto
- Thai dishes (sweeter). Chinese (Cantonese). Mild or creamy Indian dishes e.g. chicken korma, tandoori fish, red-lentil dahl
- Caesar, chicken, egg, fish or seafood salad. Carrot, endive, leek, lentils, onion tart, parsnip, sweetcorn, risotto
About the Wine
This enjoyable white Wine produced by Elevé is made in the Pays d'Oc area of Languedoc-Roussillon. This wine is exclusive to Matthew Clark, you won't find it at multiple retailers. Available in 75cl bottles, imported by LGI (Viticulteurs de L'Union). Élevé Marsanne-Viognier, Pays d'Oc is a delicious wine, made from Viognier grapes. This screwcap wine is one of a growing number in our list that can be enjoyed by vegan drinkers. Lovely fruit-driven flavours for rich seafood, tasty chicken or spicy pork dishes.
Viognier produces aromatic and sometimes exotic wines, it may be thought of as a variety that offers some the approachable rich body nature of a Chardonnay, but with a more aromatic fruity character of peach and apricot. Now widely planted, almost always dry in style.
This wine grape is considered the most popular variety of white wine grape planted in the region of Northern Rhone. It possesses a number of rich qualities with rich textures and an enhancing flavour.
- Mandarin Orange
Following on from a fantastic vintage the year before, French vineyards endured a mixed bag of weather conditions in the early part of the growing season followed by a long, hot summer which produced some memorable wines, even to rival to the excellence of the previous year.Explore France