- Type: Sparkling Wine White
- Country: European Union
- Region: European Union
- Vintage: NV
- Producer: Pigalle
- Primary grape: Airén
- Secondary grape: Viura
- Bottle size: 75cl
- List price: £6.51
- Code: 12085
- BRONZE (NV) SOMMELIER WINE AWARDS 2019
The Product and Allergen information provided has been supplied by the Producer/Manufacturer of the products. Matthew Clark gives no warranty or reliance as to the accuracy of the information and anyone relying upon and/or using the information should satisfy themselves as to the accuracy of such information.
White sparkling wines
- Cheese soufflés. Mildly flavourful cheeses such as Caerphilly and washed-rind cheeses such as Reblochon, Langres. Try cava with Manchego
- Fish and chips, white fish such as cod, turbot, monkfish or sole. Oysters, lobster and crab
- Salty meats, charcuterie, ham. White meats with light sauces, light chicken dishes, aromatic crispy duck and pizza
- Richer sparkling wines pair with rich, creamy sauces, hollandaise. Truffle oil, light creamy herb, fish-based sauces.
- Chardonnay-dominated wines can pair with kebab and light Thai foods. Richer wines such as cava can stand up to Indian spice
- Mushrooms, artichokes, asparagus, chanterelle salads, carpaccio, egg or seafood salad
About the Wine
This sparkling white wine is made by Pigalle in European Union. Delicious with salty and fried seafood, rice and rustic chicken dishes. It is created with mosty Airén grapes. To the best of our knowledge, this wine is wine is an on-trade exclusive. Supplied by Felix Solis.
Airén is a white wine grape popular in the Valdepenas and La Mancha wine regions, where its tolerance of hot, dry conditions and poor soils made it the obvious choice of grape variety.
- Citrus Blossom
- Citrus Zest
- Wild Flowers
The Viura wines have a taste mildly acidic, mildly alcoholic variety, with flavours of grapefruits and citrus. Viura is called Macabeo and is the primary blending grape in Cava sparkling wines.
- Honeydew Melon
- Lemon Verbena
- Lime Peel