- Type: Sparkling Wine White
- Country: Italy
- Region: Lombardia
- Vintage: NV
- Producer: Capinera
- Primary grape: Chardonnay
- Secondary grape: Pinot Blanc/Bianco
- Bottle size: 75cl
- List price: £19.93
- Code: 38538
The Product and Allergen information provided has been supplied by the Producer/Manufacturer of the products. Matthew Clark gives no warranty or reliance as to the accuracy of the information and anyone relying upon and/or using the information should satisfy themselves as to the accuracy of such information.
White sparkling wines
- Cheese soufflés. Mildly flavourful cheeses such as Caerphilly and washed-rind cheeses such as Reblochon, Langres. Try cava with Manchego
- Fish and chips, white fish such as cod, turbot, monkfish or sole. Oysters, lobster and crab
- Salty meats, charcuterie, ham. White meats with light sauces, light chicken dishes, aromatic crispy duck and pizza
- Richer sparkling wines pair with rich, creamy sauces, hollandaise. Truffle oil, light creamy herb, fish-based sauces.
- Chardonnay-dominated wines can pair with kebab and light Thai foods. Richer wines such as cava can stand up to Indian spice
- Mushrooms, artichokes, asparagus, chanterelle salads, carpaccio, egg or seafood salad
About the Wine
This lovely white Sparkling wine by Capinera originates from Franciacorta. This wine is exclusive to Matthew Clark so you won't find it at multiple retailers. Available in 75cl bottles, imported by La Boscaiola. Franciacorta "La Capinera" Brut is a delicious wine, made with Chardonnay, Parellada and Maccabeu/Macabeo grapes. This cork closed wine is created with added sulphites. Like many wines in our list, this wine is suitable for vegan diets. Excellent from starters to sweets Ideal with pastry.
Chardonnay can produce quality wines in a wide range of climates, with a real varied style. In cool climates like Champagne or Chablis it produces a lean steely wine with pronounced acidity. In warmer climates it develops buttery, honey notes whereas hotter climates, it's richer in body with the flavour of tropical fruits.
- Green Apple
Pinot Blanc can be described as a versatile white grape which creates sweetness and low acidity wines. On the palate they show a range of apple flavors with some light mineral characteristics.
- Crushed Gravel
- Green Almond
- Lemon Zest
From the cool northern regions to the sizzling south of Sicily, Italy is a kaleidoscope of colours, flavours, grapes and styles from regions such as Borolo to lesser-known Montefalco and Etna.Explore Italy