- Type: Sparkling Wine White
- Country: Australia
- Region: South Australia
- Vintage: NV
- Producer: Petaluma
- Primary grape: Pinot Noir
- Secondary grape: Chardonnay
- Bottle size: 75cl
- List price: £16.84
- Code: 35054
The Product and Allergen information provided has been supplied by the Producer/Manufacturer of the products. Matthew Clark gives no warranty or reliance as to the accuracy of the information and anyone relying upon and/or using the information should satisfy themselves as to the accuracy of such information.
White sparkling wines
- Cheese soufflés. Mildly flavourful cheeses such as Caerphilly and washed-rind cheeses such as Reblochon, Langres. Try cava with Manchego
- Fish and chips, white fish such as cod, turbot, monkfish or sole. Oysters, lobster and crab
- Salty meats, charcuterie, ham. White meats with light sauces, light chicken dishes, aromatic crispy duck and pizza
- Richer sparkling wines pair with rich, creamy sauces, hollandaise. Truffle oil, light creamy herb, fish-based sauces.
- Chardonnay-dominated wines can pair with kebab and light Thai foods. Richer wines such as cava can stand up to Indian spice
- Mushrooms, artichokes, asparagus, chanterelle salads, carpaccio, egg or seafood salad
About the Wine
This fabulous white Sparkling Wine created by Petaluma is produced in the Adelaide Hills area of South Australia. This wine is exclusive to Matthew Clark, you won't find it at multiple retailers. Available in 75cl bottles, supplied by Accolade Wines. Croser Adelaide Hills, Australia is a flavourful wine, made with Pinot Noir and Chardonnay grapes. This wine has a cork closure and is available to order online today. Excellent partner for light dishes based on white fish or chicken, green vegetables, salads and savoury cheese dishes.
Chardonnay can produce quality wines in a wide range of climates, with a real varied style. In cool climates like Champagne or Chablis it produces a lean steely wine with pronounced acidity. In warmer climates it develops buttery, honey notes whereas hotter climates, it's richer in body with the flavour of tropical fruits.
- Green Apple
A temperamental thin skinned grape and difficult to grow, when produced of any quality it demands high prices. The thin skin means it's very light in colour body and tannin, it characteristically has searing acidity and full lingering flavours of raspberry, strawberry, cherry, violets and sweet spice.
Petaluma, founded in 1976 by Brian Croser, with the sole objective of producing ultra premium wines through a careful selection of the best sites within a particular Australian region suited to a chosen variety, thus creating the concept of Petaluma’s “Distinguished Vineyards”. A Halliday 5 star winery, Petaluma sources its grapes from carefully selected vineyards in the Adelaide Hills, Piccadilly Valley, Clare Valley and Coonawarra in South Australia.
Australia is at the start of an exciting wine journey. Having been a successful wine growing country with their classic punchy style, we are now seeing more experimentation and diversity, and it's for the better.Explore Australia