- Type: Sparkling Wine White
- Country: Spain
- Region: Catalunya
- Vintage: 2013/2015
- Producer: Codorníu
- Primary grape: Chardonnay
- Secondary grape: Maccabeu/Macabeo
- Bottle size: 75cl
- List price: £18.16
- Code: 21934
The Product and Allergen information provided has been supplied by the Producer/Manufacturer of the products. Matthew Clark gives no warranty or reliance as to the accuracy of the information and anyone relying upon and/or using the information should satisfy themselves as to the accuracy of such information.
White sparkling wines
- Cheese soufflés. Mildly flavourful cheeses such as Caerphilly and washed-rind cheeses such as Reblochon, Langres. Try cava with Manchego
- Fish and chips, white fish such as cod, turbot, monkfish or sole. Oysters, lobster and crab
- Salty meats, charcuterie, ham. White meats with light sauces, light chicken dishes, aromatic crispy duck and pizza
- Richer sparkling wines pair with rich, creamy sauces, hollandaise. Truffle oil, light creamy herb, fish-based sauces.
- Chardonnay-dominated wines can pair with kebab and light Thai foods. Richer wines such as cava can stand up to Indian spice
- Mushrooms, artichokes, asparagus, chanterelle salads, carpaccio, egg or seafood salad
About the Wine
This cracking white Sparkling wine by Codorníu is produced in Catalunya. Available in 75cl bottles, distributed in the UK by Codorniu International. Codorníu Reina Maria Cristina Blanc de Noirs Brut Reserva Vintage Cava is a mouth-watering wine, made with Maccabeu/Macabeo, Xarel.lo and Parellada grapes. This cork closed wine is created with added sulphites. Like many wines in our list, this wine is suitable for vegan diets. Delicious with salty and fried seafood, rice and rustic chicken dishes.
Chardonnay can produce quality wines in a wide range of climates, with a real varied style. In cool climates like Champagne or Chablis it produces a lean steely wine with pronounced acidity. In warmer climates it develops buttery, honey notes whereas hotter climates, it's richer in body with the flavour of tropical fruits.
- Green Apple
The wines have a taste mildly acidic, mildly alcoholic variety, with flavours of grapefruits and citrus. Macabeo is also call Viura and is the primary blending grape in Cava sparkling wines.
- Honeydew Melon
- Lemon Verbena
- Lime Peel
Spain has a huge number of unusual and captivating regions aside from the beautiful Rioja. Whilst tradition remains, some producers are really pushing boundaries making Spain one country to keep coming back to.Explore Spain