- Type: Sparkling Wine White
- Country: Spain
- Region: Catalunya
- Vintage: NV
- Producer: Codorníu
- Primary grape: Chardonnay
- Secondary grape: Parellada
- Bottle size: 1.5lt
- List price: £26.56
- Code: 12068
The Product and Allergen information provided has been supplied by the Producer/Manufacturer of the products. Matthew Clark gives no warranty or reliance as to the accuracy of the information and anyone relying upon and/or using the information should satisfy themselves as to the accuracy of such information.
White sparkling wines
- Cheese soufflés. Mildly flavourful cheeses such as Caerphilly and washed-rind cheeses such as Reblochon, Langres. Try cava with Manchego
- Fish and chips, white fish such as cod, turbot, monkfish or sole. Oysters, lobster and crab
- Salty meats, charcuterie, ham. White meats with light sauces, light chicken dishes, aromatic crispy duck and pizza
- Richer sparkling wines pair with rich, creamy sauces, hollandaise. Truffle oil, light creamy herb, fish-based sauces.
- Chardonnay-dominated wines can pair with kebab and light Thai foods. Richer wines such as cava can stand up to Indian spice
- Mushrooms, artichokes, asparagus, chanterelle salads, carpaccio, egg or seafood salad
About the Wine
This delightful white Sparkling wine by Codorníu is produced in Catalunya. You won't find this wine stocked in multiple retailers. Available in 150cl magnum size bottles, distributed in the UK by Codorniu International. Anna de Codorníu Blanc de Blancs Brut is a flavourful wine, made with Chardonnay, Maccabeu/Macabeo and Parellada grapes. This cork closed wine is created with added sulphites. The wine is one of a growing number in our list that can be enjoyed by vegan drinkers. Delicious with salty and fried seafood, rice and rustic chicken dishes.
Chardonnay can produce quality wines in a wide range of climates, with a real varied style. In cool climates like Champagne or Chablis it produces a lean steely wine with pronounced acidity. In warmer climates it develops buttery, honey notes whereas hotter climates, it's richer in body with the flavour of tropical fruits.
- Green Apple
- Green Apple
Spain has a huge number of unusual and captivating regions aside from the beautiful Rioja. Whilst tradition remains, some producers are really pushing boundaries making Spain one country to keep coming back to.Explore Spain