- Type: Sparkling Wine Rosé
- Country: France
- Region: Provence
- Vintage: NV
- Producer: Mirabeau
- Primary grape: Shiraz/Syrah
- Secondary grape: Grenache/Garnacha
- Bottle size: 75cl
- List price: £14.34
- Code: 35803
The Product and Allergen information provided has been supplied by the Producer/Manufacturer of the products. Matthew Clark gives no warranty or reliance as to the accuracy of the information and anyone relying upon and/or using the information should satisfy themselves as to the accuracy of such information.
Rosé sparkling wines
- Sushi and sashimi; flavoursome seafood such as mullet with fennel or tuna tartare. Grilled lobster, prawns and crab
- Cured meats, full-flavoured duck dishes; chicken, pork and rich game meats such as pheasant or grouse
- Tomato-dominated sauces and other full-flavoured and savoury sauces. Truffle oil, Aioli, BBQ or mushroom sauces
- Middle-eastern mezze style lamb dishes and Asian flavours; Indian snack foods and Tandoori spice
- Artichokes, leeks, asparagus and wild mushrooms. Egg, niçoise, fish and rocket salads.
About the Wine
This cracking rosé Sparkling Wine created by Mirabeau is made in Provence. This wine is exclusive to Matthew Clark, you won't find it at multiple retailers. Available in 75cl bottles, imported by Vertuvin SARL. La Folie Sparkling Rosé Mirabeau is a mouth-watering wine, made with Shiraz/Syrah and Grenache/Garnacha grapes. This wine has a cork closure and is made with added suplhites but is suitable for vegetarian drinkers. Pairs beautifully with canapés and bowls of fresh English strawberries.
Shee-rahz / See-rah
The same grape variety, often referred to as Syrah, Old World and Shiraz, New World. It produces deep concentrated wines, full in body, alcohol and tannin. Deep almost opaque purple colour, loads of black fruit and pepper flavours and aromas. When it develops, or is of high quality it often shows notes of leather, spice, smoke and mint.
- Black Plum
- Green Peppercorn
- Milk Chocolate
Gray-NAHSH / Ga'rr-NAH-cha
This is a sweet thin skinned grape that gives wine that is high in alcohol and full bodied, but light in colour and tannins. It's often used in blends and responds well to oak ageing.
- White Pepper
The Mirabeau story is one of following a dream and the pursuit of a deeply held passion for wine. In 2009, the Cronks decided to swap their family life in South London for a new beginning as wine producers in Provence. Armed with big ambitions to make world-class rosé wines and willing to challenge established wisdom, they founded Mirabeau in 2010. Mirabeau wines have a multitude of awards from the industry, as well as several positive reviews from critics.
Most of France enjoyed a long, glorious warm summer, which set wineries up for a great 2018 vintage. A welcome relief from the previous one which was the smallest since World War II.Explore France