- Type: Sparkling Wine Rosé
- Country: Italy
- Region: Campania
- Vintage: NV
- Producer: Fantinel
- Primary grape: Pinot Noir
- Secondary grape: Chardonnay
- Bottle size: 75cl
- List price: £12.46
- Code: 20772
The product and allergen information provided has been supplied by the producer/manufacturer of the products. Matthew Clark gives no warranty or reliance as to the accuracy of the information. Although the information provided is correct at the time of publication, to ensure that you have the most up to date information please read the product label on delivery.
Rosé sparkling wines
- Sushi and sashimi; flavoursome seafood such as mullet with fennel or tuna tartare. Grilled lobster, prawns and crab
- Cured meats, full-flavoured duck dishes; chicken, pork and rich game meats such as pheasant or grouse
- Tomato-dominated sauces and other full-flavoured and savoury sauces. Truffle oil, Aioli, BBQ or mushroom sauces
- Middle-eastern mezze style lamb dishes and Asian flavours; Indian snack foods and Tandoori spice
- Artichokes, leeks, asparagus and wild mushrooms. Egg, niçoise, fish and rocket salads.
About the Wine
This enjoyable rosé Sparkling Wine created by Fantinel is made in the Campania area of Veneto. This wine is exclusive to Matthew Clark, you won't find it at multiple retailers. Available in 75cl bottles, distributed in the UK by Fantinel. Fantinel 'One & Only' Rosato Brut is a delighful wine, made with Pinot Noir and Chardonnay grapes. This wine has a cork closure and is made with added suplhites but is suitable for vegetarian drinkers. Versatile rosé, ideal with salads, seafood, grilled chicken or pasta.
Chardonnay can produce quality wines in a wide range of climates, with a real varied style. In cool climates like Champagne or Chablis it produces a lean steely wine with pronounced acidity. In warmer climates it develops buttery, honey notes whereas hotter climates, it's richer in body with the flavour of tropical fruits.
- Green Apple
A temperamental thin skinned grape and difficult to grow, when produced of any quality it demands high prices. The thin skin means it's very light in colour body and tannin, it characteristically has searing acidity and full lingering flavours of raspberry, strawberry, cherry, violets and sweet spice.
Fantinel, based in Spilimbergo in the heart of the Friuli region. A family owned winery established in 1969 by Mario ‘Paron’ Fantinel. Guided by the family’s third generation, represented by Marco and Stefano who manage 300 hectares within the two DOC regions of Grave del Friuli and Collio. A green approach has always been important; installation of a photovoltaic system in 2010 is an example. Their commitment towards sustainability has been a cornerstone of their viticulture since 2001.
From the cold northern regions to the sizzling south of Sicily, Italy is a kaleidoscope of colours, flavours, grapes and styles from regions such as Barolo to lesser-known Montefalco and Etna.Explore Italy