- Type: Rosé
- Country: France
- Region: Languedoc-Roussillon
- Vintage: 2017
- Producer: Chateau St Roch
- Primary grape: Shiraz/Syrah
- Secondary grape: Grenache/Garnacha
- Bottle size: 75cl
- List price: £10.06
- Code: 35827
The Product and Allergen information provided has been supplied by the Producer/Manufacturer of the products. Matthew Clark gives no warranty or reliance as to the accuracy of the information and anyone relying upon and/or using the information should satisfy themselves as to the accuracy of such information.
Dry, elegant rosés
- Generally light and/or softer cheeses e.g. Appenzeller, feta. Contrasts well with harder, salty styles e.g. parmesan
- Bouillabaisse, grilled or seared fish e.g. John Dory, sea bass, tuna
- Basil, capers, chervil, chives, oregano, saffron, thyme
- Seared, grilled pan-fried chicken, guinea fowl, veal, pork
- Aioli, BBQ, balsamic vinegar and citrus-based dressings. Rouille
- Asian spicy chicken and seafood curries. Chinese (Cantonese). Mediterranean fish and chicken dishes spiced with chilli
- Mediterranean salads, chick peas, ratatouille, roasted red peppers, mushroom risotto
About the Wine
This lovely rosé Wine produced by Chateau St Roch is crafted in the Côtes du Roussillon area of Languedoc-Roussillon. This wine is exclusive to Matthew Clark, you won't find it at multiple retailers. Available in 75cl bottles, distributed in the UK by Maison Lafage. St Roch Pink Cotes du Roussillon is an inspired wine, made with Shiraz/Syrah and Grenache/Garnacha grapes. This wine has a cork closure and is like many wines in our list, this wine is suitable for vegan diets. Deliciously versatile rosé, ideal with salads, seafood, grilled chicken or pasta.
Shee-rahz / See-rah
The same grape variety, often referred to as Syrah, Old World and Shiraz, New World. It produces deep concentrated wines, full in body, alcohol and tannin. Deep almost opaque purple colour, loads of black fruit and pepper flavours and aromas. When it develops, or is of high quality it often shows notes of leather, spice, smoke and mint.
- Black Plum
- Green Peppercorn
- Milk Chocolate
Gray-NAHSH / Ga'rr-NAH-cha
This is a sweet thin skinned grape that gives wine that is high in alcohol and full bodied, but light in colour and tannins. It's often used in blends and responds well to oak ageing.
- White Pepper
Following on from a fantastic vintage the year before, French vineyards endured a mixed bag of weather conditions in the early part of the growing season followed by a long, hot summer which produced some memorable wines, even to rival to the excellence of the previous year.Explore France