- Type: Rosé
- Country: France
- Region: Provence
- Vintage: 2018
- Producer: Jean-Luc Colombo
- Primary grape: Syrah
- Secondary grape: Cinsault
- Bottle size: 150cl
- List price: £21.05
- Code: 38636
The Product and Allergen information provided has been supplied by the Producer/Manufacturer of the products. Matthew Clark gives no warranty or reliance as to the accuracy of the information and anyone relying upon and/or using the information should satisfy themselves as to the accuracy of such information.
Dry, elegant rosés
- Generally light and/or softer cheeses e.g. Appenzeller, feta. Contrasts well with harder, salty styles e.g. parmesan
- Bouillabaisse, grilled or seared fish e.g. John Dory, sea bass, tuna
- Basil, capers, chervil, chives, oregano, saffron, thyme
- Seared, grilled pan-fried chicken, guinea fowl, veal, pork
- Aioli, BBQ, balsamic vinegar and citrus-based dressings. Rouille
- Asian spicy chicken and seafood curries. Chinese (Cantonese). Mediterranean fish and chicken dishes spiced with chilli
- Mediterranean salads, chick peas, ratatouille, roasted red peppers, mushroom risotto
About the Wine
This wonderful rosé Wine by Jean-Luc Colombo is crafted in the Pays de Méditerranée area of Languedoc-Roussillon. You won't find this wine stocked in multiple retailers. Available in 150cl magnum size bottles, imported by Hatch Mansfield. Jean-Luc Colombo Les Pins Couches Rosé, Méditerranée is a delicious wine, made with Shiraz/Syrah, Cinsault and Mourvèdre/Monastrell grapes. This screwcap wine is like many wines in our list, this wine is suitable for vegan diets. Appealingly versatile rosé, ideal with salads, seafood, grilled chicken or pasta.
The same grape variety, often referred to as Syrah, Old World and Shiraz, New World. It produces deep concentrated wines, full in body, alcohol and tannin. Deep almost opaque purple colour, loads of black fruit and pepper flavours and aromas. When it develops, or is of high quality it often shows notes of leather, spice, smoke and mint.
- Black Plum
- Green Peppercorn
- Milk Chocolate
Cinsault is a red wine grape, whose heat tolerance and productivity make it important in Languedoc-Roussillon and the former French colonies of Algeria, Lebanon and Morocco.
- Black Tea
- Red Currant
- Tart Cherry
In just a few years Jean-Luc Colombo has gone from buying his first vineyard in Cornas to being one of the region’s top winemakers. A dynamic food and wine lover, Jean-Luc’s passions are to create wines that give people pleasure, and for each glass to be remembered for its statement of quality. He has been awarded the prestigious Légion d’Honneur award and the winery has been named as one of the top 100 in the world by Wine & Spirit Magazine. Working in harmony with nature is of huge importance.
Following on from a fantastic vintage the year before, French vineyards endured a mixed bag of weather conditions in the early part of the growing season followed by a long, hot summer which produced some memorable wines, even to rival to the excellence of the previous year.Explore France