- Type: Rosé
- Country: South Africa
- Region: Durbanville
- Vintage: 2016/2017
- Producer: Durbanville Hills
- Primary grape: Merlot
- Bottle size: 75cl
- List price: £8.53
- Code: 33811
The Product and Allergen information provided has been supplied by the Producer/Manufacturer of the products. Matthew Clark gives no warranty or reliance as to the accuracy of the information and anyone relying upon and/or using the information should satisfy themselves as to the accuracy of such information.
Dry, elegant rosés
- Generally light and/or softer cheeses e.g. Appenzeller, feta. Contrasts well with harder, salty styles e.g. parmesan
- Bouillabaisse, grilled or seared fish e.g. John Dory, sea bass, tuna
- Basil, capers, chervil, chives, oregano, saffron, thyme
- Seared, grilled pan-fried chicken, guinea fowl, veal, pork
- Aioli, BBQ, balsamic vinegar and citrus-based dressings. Rouille
- Asian spicy chicken and seafood curries. Chinese (Cantonese). Mediterranean fish and chicken dishes spiced with chilli
- Mediterranean salads, chick peas, ratatouille, roasted red peppers, mushroom risotto
About the Wine
This rosé wine is made by Durbanville Hills in Durbanville. Deliciously versatile rosé, ideal with salads, seafood, grilled chicken or pasta. Formed from primarily Merlot grapes, this wine is ethically produced and vegetarian. This wine is exclusive to Matthew Clark. Supplied by Distell.
Merlot produces medium bodied, fleshy, juicy wines with round tannins. Often seen as a single varietal, or in a blend with Cabernet Sauvignon to take the hard edges off. Its grown all over the world and commercially one of the most important red grapes in the on-trade.
Producing contemporary wines while respecting the environment, they are recognised for conforming to the code of fair labour practices introduced by the Wine and Agricultural Industry Ethical Trade Association. The new ethical seal, will be displayed on 12 of their wines, the highest of any South African winery to date. Modelled on South Africa’s sustainability seal, developed to promote awareness of the production integrity followed at every stage of the supply chain.
A whole generation of enthusiastic, young winemakers are crafting amazing wines on incredible sites whilst putting sustainability high on their agenda, making the South African wine industry progressive and exciting.Explore South Africa