- Type: Rosé
- Country: Spain
- Region: Rioja
- Vintage: 2017
- Producer: Bodegas Corral
- Primary grape: Garnacha
- Secondary grape: Tempranillo
- Bottle size: 75cl
- List price: £8.49
- Code: 37385
The Product and Allergen information provided has been supplied by the Producer/Manufacturer of the products. Matthew Clark gives no warranty or reliance as to the accuracy of the information and anyone relying upon and/or using the information should satisfy themselves as to the accuracy of such information.
Dry, elegant rosés
- Generally light and/or softer cheeses e.g. Appenzeller, feta. Contrasts well with harder, salty styles e.g. parmesan
- Bouillabaisse, grilled or seared fish e.g. John Dory, sea bass, tuna
- Basil, capers, chervil, chives, oregano, saffron, thyme
- Seared, grilled pan-fried chicken, guinea fowl, veal, pork
- Aioli, BBQ, balsamic vinegar and citrus-based dressings. Rouille
- Asian spicy chicken and seafood curries. Chinese (Cantonese). Mediterranean fish and chicken dishes spiced with chilli
- Mediterranean salads, chick peas, ratatouille, roasted red peppers, mushroom risotto
About the Wine
This wonderful rosé wine from Bodegas Corral is produced in Rioja. This wine is exclusive to Matthew Clark meaning you won't find it at multiple retailers. Available in 75cl bottles, imported by Bodegas Corral. Don Jacobo Rioja Rosado is an inspired wine, made with Tempranillo, Grenache/Garnacha and Mazuelo grapes. This screwcap wine is made following organic practices and created to be suitable for vegan consumers; this wine contains sulphites however. Appealingly versatile rosé, ideal with salads, seafood, grilled chicken or pasta.
The grape behind Rioja and widely planted in Spain in general. Tempranillo lends itself to significant oak ageing, it tastes of ripe
strawberry, autumnal, baked, berry fruit with sweet Christmas spices.
- Sweet Tobacco
This is a sweet thin skinned grape that gives wine that is high in alcohol and full bodied, but light in colour and tannins. It is often used in blends and responds well to oak ageing.
Spain has a huge number of unusual and captivating regions aside from the beautiful Rioja. Whilst tradition remains, some producers are really pushing boundaries making Spain one country to keep coming back to.Explore Spain