- Type: Red
- Country: Germany
- Region: Rheinhessen
- Vintage: 2016
- Producer: Weingut Winter
- Primary grape: Pinot Noir
- Bottle size: 75cl
- List price: £12.87
- Code: 35785
The Product and Allergen information provided has been supplied by the Producer/Manufacturer of the products. Matthew Clark gives no warranty or reliance as to the accuracy of the information and anyone relying upon and/or using the information should satisfy themselves as to the accuracy of such information.
Light, bright, fresh reds
- Appenzeller, Brie, chaumes, Cheddar, Cheshire, Gruyère, Morbier, parmesan, Port-Salut. Creamy blue
- Bouillabaisse, cod with pancetta, seared e.g. salmon, sea bass, sea bream, tuna
- Anise, basil, bay leaf, capers, chives, mint, sage, saffron
- Light pork dishes, black pudding, charcuterie, roast chicken, goose, guinea fowl, turkey
- Bolognese, tomato-based sauces e.g. napoletana. Lasagne, spicy sauces e.g. arrabiata, chorizo and paprika
- Spicy, savoury e.g. teriyaki. Light Indian e.g. rogan josh. Jerk chicken or pork, piri-piri
- Smoked and cured-meat salads. Grilled vegetables, olives, ratatouille, mushroom risotto
About the Wine
This red wine is made by Weingut Winter in Rheinhessen. Light and fresh red, a flexible choice to partner with a range of dishes from simple chicken to spicy lamb or pasta. It is created with mosty Pinot Noir grapes. This wine is exclusive to Matthew Clark. Supplied by Stefan Winter.
A temperamental thin skinned grape and difficult to grow, when produced of any quality it demands high prices. The thin skin means it's very light in colour body and tannin, it characteristically has searing acidity and full lingering flavours of raspberry, strawberry, cherry, violets and sweet spice.
Weingut Winter, Dittelsheim is located between picturesque hills in the heart of the Rheinhessen wine region. Profound marly clay and limey soils characterize the wines. Stefan Winter started as wine-maker at the aged 20 in 2000, and continued cultivating the land. He's gained the region’s appreciation for his unrivalled quality. The winery is currently 20 hectares, focused on classic white grape varieties. Main variety is Riesling with over 65%, then Pinot Gris, Pinot Blanc and Pinot Noir.
Germany produces some of the finest white wines in the world with a balance of rainfall and sunshine in a long growing season. The steeply terraced vineyards of the Mosel and Rhine rivers are beautiful to behold yet dangerous to work in.Explore Germany