- Type: Red
- Country: Spain
- Region: Rioja
- Vintage: 2014
- Producer: Viña Pomal
- Primary grape: Tempranillo
- Bottle size: 75cl
- List price: £14.05
- Code: 28265
The Product and Allergen information provided has been supplied by the Producer/Manufacturer of the products. Matthew Clark gives no warranty or reliance as to the accuracy of the information and anyone relying upon and/or using the information should satisfy themselves as to the accuracy of such information.
Sophisticated, polished, complex reds
- Can be very flexible with many cheeses including sheeps’, Morbier, Epoisse, Vacherin, Cheddar
- Lighter examples can work with some richer fish dishes
- Classic French herbs such as parsley, thyme and bay leaf. Spices should complement and not overwhelm the wine
- Game such as duck and boar. Fine cuts of beef. Lean meats such as roe deer or ostrich
- Truffle and wild mushroom, jus with redcurrant or similar fruit, Bourguignonne, Chasseur sauces
- Some wines, with light tannins, will work with lightly-spiced dishes
- Pigeon or duck, walnut and beetroot, smoked- meat salads. Truffle or wild mushroom risotto. Autumn squash
About the Wine
This terrific red Wine created by Viña Pomal is made in Rioja. This wine is exclusively distributed through Matthew Clark. Available in 75cl bottles, supplied by Codorniu International. Bodegas Bilbaínas Viña Pomal Centenario Rioja Reserva is a delicious wine, made from Tempranillo grapes. This wine has a cork closure and is made with added suplhites but is good for vegetarian drinkers. Mature, full-bodied Rioja is superb with roast or grilled lamb and beef, as well as autumnal dishes based around mushrooms or flavoursome wild game.
The grape behind Rioja and widely planted in Spain in general. Tempranillo lends itself to significant oak ageing, it tastes of ripe
strawberry, autumnal, baked, berry fruit with sweet Christmas spices.
- Sweet Tobacco
Spain has a huge number of unusual and captivating regions aside from the beautiful Rioja. Whilst tradition remains, some producers are really pushing boundaries making Spain one country to keep coming back to.Explore Spain