- Type: Red
- Country: Chile
- Region: Colchagua Valley
- Vintage: 2017
- Producer: Veramonte
- Primary grape: Cabernet Sauvignon
- Bottle size: 75cl
- List price: £9.03
- Code: 22655
The Product and Allergen information provided has been supplied by the Producer/Manufacturer of the products. Matthew Clark gives no warranty or reliance as to the accuracy of the information and anyone relying upon and/or using the information should satisfy themselves as to the accuracy of such information.
Juicy, medium-bodied, fruit-led reds
- Cambozola & other creamy blue cheeses. Camembert, Cheddar, Cheshire, Epoisses, Gouda, parmesan, Reblochon
- Grilled fish with sauce made using similar wine e.g. salmon, sea bass or tuna with a red wine butter sauce
- Coriander, cumin, marjoram, mint, mustard, oregano, paprika, rosemary, sage, thyme
- Chicken, duck, turkey. Light beef or pheasant, dishes. Calves liver, ostrich. Smoked or cured meats, sausages
- Balsamic, BBQ, bolognese, cooked tomato sauces, lasagna, mustard sauce, truffle or wild mushroom sauces
- Moderate to hot Indian e.g. jalfrezi, Madras. Rich Chinese e.g. black bean sauce, Sichuan lamb hot pot. Harissa-spiced lamb
- Smoked and cured-meat salads, Tuscan bean salad. Lentils, roasted vegetables, vegetable risotto, roasted nuts
About the Wine
This super red Wine by Veramonte is crafted in the Casablanca Valley. You won't find this wine stocked in multiple retailers. Available in 75cl bottles, distributed in the UK by Gonzalez Byass. Veramonte Cabernet Sauvignon, Colchagua Valley is a delighful wine, made from Cabernet Sauvignon grapes. This screwcap wine is one of a growing number in our list that can be enjoyed by vegan drinkers. A great choice for rich beef dishes, especially steak.
A full bodied and powerful grape variety with a lot of tannin. It ages very well and like Merlot is bottled as a single varietal or used to give blended wines ‘backbone’ structure and longevity. Classic flavour characteristics include blackcurrant, black cherry, green pepper, chocolate and cedar wood.
- Black Cherry
- Black Currant
- Green Peppercorn
Veramonte, including Primus wines, is a family-owned winery founded in the Casablanca valley. The environment is a priority and all the estates are farmed organically. Winemaker Sofía Araya believes it raises the quality of the wine with superior grapes from healthy, long-lived vineyards. Veramonte strives to grow grapes with character, taste and aroma, resulting in expressive and distinctive wines, where the terroir shines through. In 2017 Veramonte completed its organic vineyard certification.
A viticultural paradise, where vines were introduced by the Spanish in the sixteenth century. A long, narrow country stretching 800 miles from the deserts of the north to the glacial south and it's these valleys and coasts that give the wine its variety.Explore Chile