- Type: Red
- Country: Italy
- Region: Veneto
- Vintage: 2014
- Producer: Bottega
- Primary grape: Corvina
- Bottle size: 75cl
- List price: £14.02
- Code: 31052
The Product and Allergen information provided has been supplied by the Producer/Manufacturer of the products. Matthew Clark gives no warranty or reliance as to the accuracy of the information and anyone relying upon and/or using the information should satisfy themselves as to the accuracy of such information.
Sophisticated, polished, complex reds
- Can be very flexible with many cheeses including sheeps’, Morbier, Epoisse, Vacherin, Cheddar
- Lighter examples can work with some richer fish dishes
- Classic French herbs such as parsley, thyme and bay leaf. Spices should complement and not overwhelm the wine
- Game such as duck and boar. Fine cuts of beef. Lean meats such as roe deer or ostrich
- Truffle and wild mushroom, jus with redcurrant or similar fruit, Bourguignonne, Chasseur sauces
- Some wines, with light tannins, will work with lightly-spiced dishes
- Pigeon or duck, walnut and beetroot, smoked- meat salads. Truffle or wild mushroom risotto. Autumn squash
About the Wine
This wonderful red wine produced by Bottega originates from the Valpolicella area of Veneto. This wine is exclusive to Matthew Clark meaning you won't find it at multiple retailers. Available in 75cl bottles, imported by Bottega SPA. Bottega Valpolicella Classico Superiore DOC is a mouth-watering wine, made from Arneis grapes. This cork closed wine is created with added sulphites. The wine is one of a growing number in our list that can be enjoyed by vegan drinkers. Light and fresh red, a flexible choice to partner with a range of dishes from simple chicken to spicy lamb or beef.
Corvina is an Italian wine grape that is sometimes also referred to as Corvina Veronese or Cruina. Grown almost entirely within the Veneto region of northeast Italy, with some in Argentina.
- Green Almond
- Green Peppercorn
- Milk Chocolate
- Tart Cherry
From vineyard to bottle, each moment of creation is monitored with artisan care and detail. Family-owned and led by Sandro Bottega, they produce premium quality, wines, based on: Quality and Typicality, Design and Innovation and Sustainability. Centred on saving water, reducing CO2 emissions and chemicals, and recycling waste materials, their vineyards are grown according to organic principles: use of synthetic fertilizers, pesticides, herbicides, GMOs and GMO-derived products is forbidden.
From the cool northern regions to the sizzling south of Sicily, Italy is a kaleidoscope of colours, flavours, grapes and styles from regions such as Borolo to lesser-known Montefalco and Etna.Explore Italy