- Type: Red
- Country: France
- Region: Loire Valley
- Vintage: 2015/2016
- Producer: Saget La Perrière
- Primary grape: Gamay
- Secondary grape: Malbec
- Bottle size: 75cl
- List price: £9.92
- Code: 34805
The Product and Allergen information provided has been supplied by the Producer/Manufacturer of the products. Matthew Clark gives no warranty or reliance as to the accuracy of the information and anyone relying upon and/or using the information should satisfy themselves as to the accuracy of such information.
Light, bright, fresh reds
- Appenzeller, Brie, chaumes, Cheddar, Cheshire, Gruyère, Morbier, parmesan, Port-Salut. Creamy blue
- Bouillabaisse, cod with pancetta, seared e.g. salmon, sea bass, sea bream, tuna
- Anise, basil, bay leaf, capers, chives, mint, sage, saffron
- Light pork dishes, black pudding, charcuterie, roast chicken, goose, guinea fowl, turkey
- Bolognese, tomato-based sauces e.g. napoletana. Lasagne, spicy sauces e.g. arrabiata, chorizo and paprika
- Spicy, savoury e.g. teriyaki. Light Indian e.g. rogan josh. Jerk chicken or pork, piri-piri
- Smoked and cured-meat salads. Grilled vegetables, olives, ratatouille, mushroom risotto
About the Wine
This cracking red Wine created by Saget La Perrière is crafted in the Touraine area of the Loire Valley. This wine is exclusive to Matthew Clark, you won't find it at multiple retailers. Available in 75cl bottles, supplied by Saget La Perriere. Touraine Gamay-Cabernet Franc, La Java des Grandes Espérances is an interesting wine, made with Gamay and Malbec grapes. This wine has a cork closure and, like many wines on our list, this wine is suitable for vegan diets. Light and fresh red, a flexible choice to partner with a range of dishes from simple chicken to spicy lamb or beef.
Malbec is a deeply coloured, intense and tannic, but fruity red. Since Argentina has almost taken it on as its own, it's grown increasingly in popularity. Typically Malbec has flavour characteristics of baked plums, black cherry, violets, sweet spice and sometimes coffee.
- Red Plum
A French variety planted predominately in Beaujolais. With a fruity, floral, easy drinking this grape created earthy light-bodied red deliciously juicy wines.
- Blackberry Bramble
- Potting Soil
Following on from a fantastic vintage the year before, French vineyards endured a mixed bag of weather conditions in the early part of the growing season followed by a long, hot summer which produced some memorable wines, even to rival to the excellence of the previous year.Explore France