- Type: Red
- Country: Australia
- Region: Victoria
- Vintage: 2016/2017
- Producer: Stonier
- Primary grape: Pinot Noir
- Bottle size: 75cl
- List price: £16.48
- Code: 35063
- SILVER (2016) INTERNATIONAL WINE CHALLENGE 2018
- SILVER (2016) INTERNATIONAL WINE & SPIRIT COMPETITION 2018
- SILVER (2016) DECANTER WORLD WINE AWARDS 2018
- SILVER (2016) SOMMELIER WINE AWARDS 2018
- SILVER (2016) INTERNATIONAL WINE CHALLENGE 2019
The Product and Allergen information provided has been supplied by the Producer/Manufacturer of the products. Matthew Clark gives no warranty or reliance as to the accuracy of the information and anyone relying upon and/or using the information should satisfy themselves as to the accuracy of such information.
Sophisticated, polished, complex reds
- Can be very flexible with many cheeses including sheeps’, Morbier, Epoisse, Vacherin, Cheddar
- Lighter examples can work with some richer fish dishes
- Classic French herbs such as parsley, thyme and bay leaf. Spices should complement and not overwhelm the wine
- Game such as duck and boar. Fine cuts of beef. Lean meats such as roe deer or ostrich
- Truffle and wild mushroom, jus with redcurrant or similar fruit, Bourguignonne, Chasseur sauces
- Some wines, with light tannins, will work with lightly-spiced dishes
- Pigeon or duck, walnut and beetroot, smoked- meat salads. Truffle or wild mushroom risotto. Autumn squash
About the Wine
This red wine is made by Stonier in Victoria. Elegant, savoury, berry-fruit flavours that are excellent with light game, wild mushrooms, rich chicken and pork dishes. It is created with mosty Pinot Noir grapes. You shouldn't find this wine anywhere else, it is exclusive to Matthew Clark. Supplied by Accolade Wines.
A temperamental thin skinned grape and difficult to grow, when produced of any quality it demands high prices. The thin skin means it's very light in colour body and tannin, it characteristically has searing acidity and full lingering flavours of raspberry, strawberry, cherry, violets and sweet spice.
One of the first wineries on the Mornington Peninsula and a Halliday 5 star winery, Stonier was established in 1978 by the Stonier family, pioneers of Pinot Noir and Chardonnay in this coastal region. Crafting elegant Chardonnay and Pinot Noir wines from some of the Mornington Peninsula’s oldest vines and cradled between two bays in close proximity to Bass Strait, the cool maritime climate provides ideal conditions for these early ripening varieties.
Australia is at the start of an exciting wine journey. Having been a successful wine growing country with their classic punchy style, we are now seeing more experimentation and diversity, and it's for the better.Explore Australia