- Type: Red
- Country: Chile
- Region: Colchagua Valley
- Vintage: 2017
- Producer: Santa Rita
- Primary grape: Carmenère
- Bottle size: 75cl
- List price: £10.81
- Code: 37473
- 2017, Bronze Decanter World Wine Awards 2019
- 2017, Bronze International Wine Challenge 2019
The Product and Allergen information provided has been supplied by the Producer/Manufacturer of the products. Matthew Clark gives no warranty or reliance as to the accuracy of the information and anyone relying upon and/or using the information should satisfy themselves as to the accuracy of such information.
Spicy, peppery, warming reds
- Brie de Meaux, creamy blue cheeses e.g. cambozola. Emmenthal, Cheshire. Mature hard cheeses e.g. Cheddar. Munster
- Black pepper, cloves, coriander, fennel, ginger, nutmeg, paprika, rosemary, thyme
- Seared, grilled, roasted, braised game: boar, duck, goose, grouse, pheasant, venison. Beef, lamb, sausages
- BBQ, bolognese, creambased sauces, lasagna, pepper or chilli sauces to turn up the heat
- Spicy wine intensifies heat with Mexican mole, Tex-Mex or dishes with chipotle peppers, chilli con carne.
- Spicy salads that support meat or spices e.g. red pepper, black bean and sweetcorn. Stuffed aubergine
About the Wine
This terrific red Wine produced by Santa Rita is grown in the Colchagua Valley. This wine is exclusive to Matthew Clark, you won't find it at multiple retailers. Available in 75cl bottles, supplied by Santa Rita. Santa Rita Medalla Real Gran Reserva Carmenère, Colchagua is a delighful wine, made from Carmenère grapes. This wine has a cork closure and is one of a growing number in our list that can be enjoyed by vegan drinkers. Carmenère matches well with lightly-spiced, savoury, meat dishes particularly those with Mediterranean herbs.
Carmenere wine has a deep red color and aromas found in red fruits, spices and berries. The tannins are gentler and softer than those in Cabernet Sauvignon and it is a medium body wine.
- Bell Pepper
- Black Plum
Established in 1880 and based outside Santiago, Santa Rita is one of Chile’s oldest, respected wineries. Their flagship Santa Rita 120, is the best-selling Chilean wine brand. It has been recognised globally for its sustainability management - environmentally friendly, socially equitable and economically viable across all practices. Sustainability is top of the agenda and was the first wine group to be certified under Chile’s National Code, successfully re-certified annually since 2011.
A viticultural paradise, where vines were introduced by the Spanish in the sixteenth century. A long, narrow country stretching 800 miles from the deserts of the north to the glacial south and it's these valleys and coasts that give the wine its variety.Explore Chile