- Type: Red
- Country: Chile
- Region: Central Valley
- Vintage: 2018
- Producer: Santa Rita
- Primary grape: Malbec
- Bottle size: 75cl
- List price: £7.49
- Code: 39308
The Product and Allergen information provided has been supplied by the Producer/Manufacturer of the products. Matthew Clark gives no warranty or reliance as to the accuracy of the information and anyone relying upon and/or using the information should satisfy themselves as to the accuracy of such information.
Spicy, peppery, warming reds
- Brie de Meaux, creamy blue cheeses e.g. cambozola. Emmenthal, Cheshire. Mature hard cheeses e.g. Cheddar. Munster
- Black pepper, cloves, coriander, fennel, ginger, nutmeg, paprika, rosemary, thyme
- Seared, grilled, roasted, braised game: boar, duck, goose, grouse, pheasant, venison. Beef, lamb, sausages
- BBQ, bolognese, creambased sauces, lasagna, pepper or chilli sauces to turn up the heat
- Spicy wine intensifies heat with Mexican mole, Tex-Mex or dishes with chipotle peppers, chilli con carne.
- Spicy salads that support meat or spices e.g. red pepper, black bean and sweetcorn. Stuffed aubergine
About the Wine
This terrific red Wine by Santa Rita is grown in the Central Valley area of the Central Valley. This wine is exclusively distributed through Matthew Clark. Available in 75cl bottles, distributed in the UK by Santa Rita. Santa Rita 120 Malbec, Central Valley is an inspired wine, made from Malbec grapes. This screwcap wine is like many wines in our list, this wine is suitable for vegan diets. Sustainability has always been key and Santa Rita was the first wine group to be certified under Chile’s National Code and has been successfully re-certified every year since 2011. Their commitment to sustainability ensures that their activities are in harmony with communities nearby and viable long term. Their care for the environment is evidenced by the launch of their canned wine innovation, Rita Rosé and Rita Blanc.
Malbec is a deeply coloured, intense and tannic, but fruity red. Since Argentina has almost taken it on as its own, it's grown increasingly in popularity. Typically Malbec has flavour characteristics of baked plums, black cherry, violets, sweet spice and sometimes coffee.
- Red Plum
Established in 1880 and based outside Santiago, Santa Rita is one of Chile’s oldest, respected wineries. Their flagship Santa Rita 120, is the best-selling Chilean wine brand. It has been recognised globally for its sustainability management - environmentally friendly, socially equitable and economically viable across all practices. Sustainability is top of the agenda and was the first wine group to be certified under Chile’s National Code, successfully re-certified annually since 2011.
A viticultural paradise, where vines were introduced by the Spanish in the sixteenth century. A long, narrow country stretching 800 miles from the deserts of the north to the glacial south and it's these valleys and coasts that give the wine its variety.Explore Chile