- Type: Red
- Country: Chile
- Region: Central Valley
- Vintage: 2019
- Producer: Santa Rita
- Primary grape: Cabernet Franc
- Bottle size: 75cl
- List price: £7.49
- Code: 39307
The Product and Allergen information provided has been supplied by the Producer/Manufacturer of the products. Matthew Clark gives no warranty or reliance as to the accuracy of the information and anyone relying upon and/or using the information should satisfy themselves as to the accuracy of such information.
Juicy, medium-bodied, fruit-led reds
- Cambozola & other creamy blue cheeses. Camembert, Cheddar, Cheshire, Epoisses, Gouda, parmesan, Reblochon
- Grilled fish with sauce made using similar wine e.g. salmon, sea bass or tuna with a red wine butter sauce
- Coriander, cumin, marjoram, mint, mustard, oregano, paprika, rosemary, sage, thyme
- Chicken, duck, turkey. Light beef or pheasant, dishes. Calves liver, ostrich. Smoked or cured meats, sausages
- Balsamic, BBQ, bolognese, cooked tomato sauces, lasagna, mustard sauce, truffle or wild mushroom sauces
- Moderate to hot Indian e.g. jalfrezi, Madras. Rich Chinese e.g. black bean sauce, Sichuan lamb hot pot. Harissa-spiced lamb
- Smoked and cured-meat salads, Tuscan bean salad. Lentils, roasted vegetables, vegetable risotto, roasted nuts
About the Wine
This lovely red Wine produced by Santa Rita is grown in the Central Valley area of the Central Valley. This wine is exclusively distributed through Matthew Clark. Available in 75cl bottles, imported by Santa Rita. Santa Rita 120 Cabenet Franc, Central Valley is a delicious wine, made from Cabernet Franc grapes. This screwcap wine is one of a growing number in our list that can be enjoyed by vegan drinkers. Sustainability has always been key and Santa Rita was the first wine group to be certified under Chile’s National Code and has been successfully re-certified every year since 2011. Their commitment to sustainability ensures that their activities are in harmony with communities nearby and viable long term. Their care for the environment is evidenced by the launch of their canned wine innovation, Rita Rosé and Rita Blanc.
It is principally grown for blending with Cabernet Sauvignon and Merlot in the Bordeaux style. Depending on the region, additional aromas include tobacco, raspberry, bell pepper, cassis and violets.
- Bell Pepper
- Chili Pepper
- Crushed Gravel
Established in 1880 and based outside Santiago, Santa Rita is one of Chile’s oldest, respected wineries. Their flagship Santa Rita 120, is the best-selling Chilean wine brand. It has been recognised globally for its sustainability management - environmentally friendly, socially equitable and economically viable across all practices. Sustainability is top of the agenda and was the first wine group to be certified under Chile’s National Code, successfully re-certified annually since 2011.
A viticultural paradise, where vines were introduced by the Spanish in the sixteenth century. A long, narrow country stretching 800 miles from the deserts of the north to the glacial south and it's these valleys and coasts that give the wine its variety.Explore Chile