- Type: Red
- Country: Spain
- Region: Rioja
- Vintage: 2011/2012
- Producer: Contino
- Primary grape: Graciano
- Bottle size: 75cl
- List price: £47.03
- Code: 25859
The Product and Allergen information provided has been supplied by the Producer/Manufacturer of the products. Matthew Clark gives no warranty or reliance as to the accuracy of the information and anyone relying upon and/or using the information should satisfy themselves as to the accuracy of such information.
Sophisticated, polished, complex reds
- Can be very flexible with many cheeses including sheeps’, Morbier, Epoisse, Vacherin, Cheddar
- Lighter examples can work with some richer fish dishes
- Classic French herbs such as parsley, thyme and bay leaf. Spices should complement and not overwhelm the wine
- Game such as duck and boar. Fine cuts of beef. Lean meats such as roe deer or ostrich
- Truffle and wild mushroom, jus with redcurrant or similar fruit, Bourguignonne, Chasseur sauces
- Some wines, with light tannins, will work with lightly-spiced dishes
- Pigeon or duck, walnut and beetroot, smoked- meat salads. Truffle or wild mushroom risotto. Autumn squash
About the Wine
This red wine is made by Contino in Rioja. Mature, full-bodied Rioja is superb with roast or grilled lamb and beef, as well as autumnal dishes based around mushrooms or flavoursome wild game. Formed from primarily Graciano grapes, this wine is vegetarian. Supplied by Hatch Mansfield.
It has always been their philosophy to approach the crafting and ageing of their wines with a nod to the past and eye for the future; much experimentation has taken place such as ageing in different barrels. Contino has also pioneered the comeback of forgotten Riojan variety Graciano, which now appears as a significant part of their Rioja blends.
In 1973, Contino established the concept of the ‘Bordeaux Château’ in Rioja, creating the first single estate Rioja.
Spain has a huge number of unusual and captivating regions aside from the beautiful Rioja. Whilst tradition remains, some producers are really pushing boundaries making Spain one country to keep coming back to.Explore Spain