- Type: Red
- Country: Spain
- Region: Castilla y Leon
- Vintage: 2015/2016
- Producer: Rolland & Galarreta
- Primary grape: Tempranillo
- Secondary grape: Merlot
- Bottle size: 75cl
- List price: £15.28
- Code: 26972
The Product and Allergen information provided has been supplied by the Producer/Manufacturer of the products. Matthew Clark gives no warranty or reliance as to the accuracy of the information and anyone relying upon and/or using the information should satisfy themselves as to the accuracy of such information.
Sophisticated, polished, complex reds
- Can be very flexible with many cheeses including sheeps’, Morbier, Epoisse, Vacherin, Cheddar
- Lighter examples can work with some richer fish dishes
- Classic French herbs such as parsley, thyme and bay leaf. Spices should complement and not overwhelm the wine
- Game such as duck and boar. Fine cuts of beef. Lean meats such as roe deer or ostrich
- Truffle and wild mushroom, jus with redcurrant or similar fruit, Bourguignonne, Chasseur sauces
- Some wines, with light tannins, will work with lightly-spiced dishes
- Pigeon or duck, walnut and beetroot, smoked- meat salads. Truffle or wild mushroom risotto. Autumn squash
About the Wine
This cracking red Wine created by Rolland & Galarreta originates from the Ribera del Duero area of Castilla y Leon. This wine is exclusive to Matthew Clark, you won't find it at multiple retailers. Available in 75cl bottles, imported by Araex. Ribera del Duero, Rolland & Galarreta is an inviting wine, made with Tempranillo and Merlot grapes. This wine has a cork closure and, like many wines on our list, this wine is suitable for vegan diets. Rich, brooding, fruit-driven partner for bold beef and lamb dishes with rich sauces.
Merlot produces medium bodied, fleshy, juicy wines with round tannins. Often seen as a single varietal, or in a blend with Cabernet Sauvignon to take the hard edges off. Its grown all over the world and commercially one of the most important red grapes in the on-trade.
The grape behind Rioja and widely planted in Spain in general. Tempranillo lends itself to significant oak ageing, it tastes of ripe
strawberry, autumnal, baked, berry fruit with sweet Christmas spices.
- Sweet Tobacco
Rolland & Galarreta, a partnership between the renowned winemaker Michel Rolland and Spanish winegrower Javier Galarreta. Making; Rueda: aromatic, full-bodied, soft white wines; made from 100% old vine Verdejo, crafted in French oak barrels where it’s fermented and aged on the lees for a short period. Ribera del Duero: mainly Tempranillo goes into this wine with some Merlot. Rioja Alavesa: made from 100% old vine Tempranillo from the cool highlands of Alava and just the right level of oak.
Spain has a huge number of unusual and captivating regions aside from the beautiful Rioja. Whilst tradition remains, some producers are really pushing boundaries making Spain one country to keep coming back to.Explore Spain