- Type: Red
- Country: Portugal
- Region: Douro
- Vintage: 2013
- Producer: Quinta das Murças
- Primary grape: Touriga Nacional
- Secondary grape: Touriga Franca
- Bottle size: 75cl
- List price: £25.41
- Code: 34169
- 2012, Silver Sommelier Wine Awards 2019
The product and allergen information provided has been supplied by the producer/manufacturer of the products. Matthew Clark gives no warranty or reliance as to the accuracy of the information. Although the information provided is correct at the time of publication, to ensure that you have the most up to date information please read the product label on delivery.
Oaked, intense, concentrated reds
- Full-flavoured and mature cheeses e.g. Cheddar, Cheshire, Edam, Gouda. Manchego, parmesan, Pont l’Évêque
- Bay leaf, black pepper, chives, mint, nutmeg, rosemary, thyme
- Grilled, roasted, seared, braised game: boar, duck, grouse, pheasant, venison. Beef, lamb
- Full-flavoured cream- or cheese-based sauces e.g. parmesan. Intense wild mushroom, casserole or jus sauces
- Some good combinations are possible with spicy foods but careful experimentation is required
- Usually vegetables will be supporting a full-flavoured meat or dominating sauce. Hearty lentil dishes. Rich, wild mushroom dishes
About the Wine
This superb red Wine created by Quinta das Murças is made in the Douro. This wine is exclusive to Matthew Clark, you won't find it at multiple retailers. Available in 75cl bottles, imported by Esporão. Quinta dos Murças Reserva, Douro is an inviting wine, made with Touriga Nacional, Touriga Franca and Tinta Roriz grapes. This wine has a cork closure and, like many wines on our list, this wine is suitable for vegan diets. Rich berry fruits and spice make this the perfect partner for roasted red meats.
Used mainly for Port wine production, this grape produces deep colour wines with floral, red-fruit flavours. It is more aromatic and lighter bodied than Touriga Nacional.
- Blackberry Sauce
- Pink Peppercorn
- Rose Petal
Touriga Nacional is a dark-skinned grape variety used to produce some of the finest wines from Portugal. With bold dark-fruit flavours, when drinking can brink some dark chocolate and violet notes.
- Dark Chocolate
Portugal has many different regions and wine styles to explore. The terroir is so diverse, from mountain to maritime vineyards, hot and dry to cool and green; producing Port, light whites to full bodied reds and delicious rosés.Explore Portugal