- Type: Red
- Country: Spain
- Region: Catalunya
- Vintage: 2016
- Producer: Scala Dei
- Primary grape: Garnacha
- Secondary grape: Carignan
- Bottle size: 75cl
- List price: £24.74
- Code: 29257
- BRONZE (2015) INTERNATIONAL WINE CHALLENGE 2018
- BRONZE (2016) INTERNATIONAL WINE CHALLENGE 2019
The Product and Allergen information provided has been supplied by the Producer/Manufacturer of the products. Matthew Clark gives no warranty or reliance as to the accuracy of the information and anyone relying upon and/or using the information should satisfy themselves as to the accuracy of such information.
Oaked, intense, concentrated reds
- Full-flavoured and mature cheeses e.g. Cheddar, Cheshire, Edam, Gouda. Manchego, parmesan, Pont l’Évêque
- Bay leaf, black pepper, chives, mint, nutmeg, rosemary, thyme
- Grilled, roasted, seared, braised game: boar, duck, grouse, pheasant, venison. Beef, lamb
- Full-flavoured cream- or cheese-based sauces e.g. parmesan. Intense wild mushroom, casserole or jus sauces
- Some good combinations are possible with spicy foods but careful experimentation is required
- Usually vegetables will be supporting a full-flavoured meat or dominating sauce. Hearty lentil dishes. Rich, wild mushroom dishes
About the Wine
This red wine is made by Scala Dei in Catalunya. Juicy, ripe and rich, perfect with spicy lamb, rich venison or opulently flavoured beef dishes. Formed from primarily Garnacha grapes, this wine is vegetarian and vegan friendly. You shouldn't find this wine anywhere else, it is exclusive to Matthew Clark. Supplied by Codorniu International.
Carignan is a red grape variety of Spanish origin that is more commonly found in French wine but is widely planted throughout the western Mediterranean and around the globe.
- Baking Spices
- Cured Meat
- Dried Cranberry
- Tobacco Leaf
This is a sweet thin skinned grape that gives wine that is high in alcohol and full bodied, but light in colour and tannins. It is often used in blends and responds well to oak ageing.
Spain has a huge number of unusual and captivating regions aside from the beautiful Rioja. Whilst tradition remains, some producers are really pushing boundaries making Spain one country to keep coming back to.Explore Spain