- Type: Red
- Country: Italy
- Region: Veneto
- Vintage: 2017
- Producer: Passori
- Primary grape: Merlot
- Secondary grape: Corvina
- Bottle size: 75cl
- List price: £10.41
- Code: 28229
The Product and Allergen information provided has been supplied by the Producer/Manufacturer of the products. Matthew Clark gives no warranty or reliance as to the accuracy of the information and anyone relying upon and/or using the information should satisfy themselves as to the accuracy of such information.
Spicy, peppery, warming reds
- Brie de Meaux, creamy blue cheeses e.g. cambozola. Emmenthal, Cheshire. Mature hard cheeses e.g. Cheddar. Munster
- Black pepper, cloves, coriander, fennel, ginger, nutmeg, paprika, rosemary, thyme
- Seared, grilled, roasted, braised game: boar, duck, goose, grouse, pheasant, venison. Beef, lamb, sausages
- BBQ, bolognese, creambased sauces, lasagna, pepper or chilli sauces to turn up the heat
- Spicy wine intensifies heat with Mexican mole, Tex-Mex or dishes with chipotle peppers, chilli con carne.
- Spicy salads that support meat or spices e.g. red pepper, black bean and sweetcorn. Stuffed aubergine
About the Wine
This lovely red Wine produced by Passori is made in Veneto. You won't find this wine stocked in multiple retailers. Available in 75cl bottles, distributed in the UK by 10 International. Passori Rosso, Veneto is an inviting wine, made with Merlot and Corvina grapes. This wine has a cork closure and is one of a growing number in our list that can be enjoyed by vegan drinkers. Adds spice and juicy fruit to full-flavoured beef, lamb or game dishes.
Merlot produces medium bodied, fleshy, juicy wines with round tannins. Often seen as a single varietal, or in a blend with Cabernet Sauvignon to take the hard edges off. Its grown all over the world and commercially one of the most important red grapes in the on-trade.
Corvina is an Italian wine grape that is sometimes also referred to as Corvina Veronese or Cruina. Grown almost entirely within the Veneto region of northeast Italy, with some in Argentina.
- Green Almond
- Green Peppercorn
- Milk Chocolate
- Tart Cherry
From the cold northern regions to the sizzling south of Sicily, Italy is a kaleidoscope of colours, flavours, grapes and styles from regions such as Barolo to lesser-known Montefalco and Etna.Explore Italy