- Type: Red
- Country: Spain
- Region: Navarra
- Vintage: 2016/2017
- Producer: Paco & Lola
- Primary grape: Grenache/Garnacha
- Secondary grape: Tempranillo
- Bottle size: 75cl
- List price: £10.92
- Code: 26924
The Product and Allergen information provided has been supplied by the Producer/Manufacturer of the products. Matthew Clark gives no warranty or reliance as to the accuracy of the information and anyone relying upon and/or using the information should satisfy themselves as to the accuracy of such information.
Juicy, medium-bodied, fruit-led reds
- Cambozola & other creamy blue cheeses. Camembert, Cheddar, Cheshire, Epoisses, Gouda, parmesan, Reblochon
- Grilled fish with sauce made using similar wine e.g. salmon, sea bass or tuna with a red wine butter sauce
- Coriander, cumin, marjoram, mint, mustard, oregano, paprika, rosemary, sage, thyme
- Chicken, duck, turkey. Light beef or pheasant, dishes. Calves liver, ostrich. Smoked or cured meats, sausages
- Balsamic, BBQ, bolognese, cooked tomato sauces, lasagna, mustard sauce, truffle or wild mushroom sauces
- Moderate to hot Indian e.g. jalfrezi, Madras. Rich Chinese e.g. black bean sauce, Sichuan lamb hot pot. Harissa-spiced lamb
- Smoked and cured-meat salads, Tuscan bean salad. Lentils, roasted vegetables, vegetable risotto, roasted nuts
About the Wine
This red wine is made by Paco & Lola in Navarra. A great all-rounder, as good with Mediterranean dishes as with spicy food or a Sunday roast. Formed from primarily Grenache/Garnacha grapes, this wine is vegetarian. You shouldn't find this wine anywhere else, it is exclusive to Matthew Clark. Supplied by Paco y Lola.
The grape behind Rioja and widely planted in Spain in general. Tempranillo lends itself to significant oak ageing, it tastes of ripe
strawberry, autumnal, baked, berry fruit with sweet Christmas spices.
- Sweet Tobacco
Gray-NAHSH / Ga'rr-NAH-cha
This is a sweet thin skinned grape that gives wine that is high in alcohol and full bodied, but light in colour and tannins. It's often used in blends and responds well to oak ageing.
- White Pepper
A cooperative of 400 families: Founded in 2005, Paco & Lola is the fruit of a business initiative of a group of independent winegrowers from O Salnés who wanted to take their production to the highest level. The cooperative called “Sociedad Cooperativa Vitivinícola Arousana,” was born, making it the largest in D.O. Rías Baixas. Paco & Lola has almost 555 acres / 225ha of vineyards situated over more than 2000 plots of land, typical of the Galician small holdings.
Spain has a huge number of unusual and captivating regions aside from the beautiful Rioja. Whilst tradition remains, some producers are really pushing boundaries making Spain one country to keep coming back to.Explore Spain