- Type: Red
- Country: Italy
- Region: Sicilia
- Vintage: 2016/2018
- Producer: Rapitalà
- Primary grape: Nero d'Avola
- Secondary grape: Pinot Noir
- Bottle size: 75cl
- List price: £12.16
- Code: 23159
The Product and Allergen information provided has been supplied by the Producer/Manufacturer of the products. Matthew Clark gives no warranty or reliance as to the accuracy of the information and anyone relying upon and/or using the information should satisfy themselves as to the accuracy of such information.
Juicy, medium-bodied, fruit-led reds
- Cambozola & other creamy blue cheeses. Camembert, Cheddar, Cheshire, Epoisses, Gouda, parmesan, Reblochon
- Grilled fish with sauce made using similar wine e.g. salmon, sea bass or tuna with a red wine butter sauce
- Coriander, cumin, marjoram, mint, mustard, oregano, paprika, rosemary, sage, thyme
- Chicken, duck, turkey. Light beef or pheasant, dishes. Calves liver, ostrich. Smoked or cured meats, sausages
- Balsamic, BBQ, bolognese, cooked tomato sauces, lasagna, mustard sauce, truffle or wild mushroom sauces
- Moderate to hot Indian e.g. jalfrezi, Madras. Rich Chinese e.g. black bean sauce, Sichuan lamb hot pot. Harissa-spiced lamb
- Smoked and cured-meat salads, Tuscan bean salad. Lentils, roasted vegetables, vegetable risotto, roasted nuts
About the Wine
This superb red wine created by Rapitalà originates from Sicilia. This wine is exclusive to Matthew Clark meaning you won't find it at multiple retailers. Available in 75cl bottles, supplied by GIV Grouppo Italiano Vini. Nuhar Nero d'Avola-Pinot Noir Terre Siciliane is a mouth-watering wine, made from Nero d'Avola and Pinot Noir grapes. This cork closed wine is made with added-sulphites. A fine choice for pasta, roasted or grilled lamb and mushroom dishes.
A temperamental thin skinned grape and difficult to grow, when produced of any quality it demands high prices. The thin skin means it's very light in colour body and tannin, it characteristically has searing acidity and full lingering flavours of raspberry, strawberry, cherry, violets and sweet spice.
Nero d'Avola can be made into dense and dark wine that is stored in oak barrels and suitable for aging, or young and fresh wines. Typically has high tannins, medium acid and a strong body.
- Black Cherry
- Black Plum
- Chili Pepper
From the cool northern regions to the sizzling south of Sicily, Italy is a kaleidoscope of colours, flavours, grapes and styles from regions such as Borolo to lesser-known Montefalco and Etna.Explore Italy