- Type: Red
- Country: South Africa
- Region: Western Cape
- Vintage: 2013
- Producer: Nederburg
- Primary grape: Cabernet Sauvignon
- Bottle size: 75cl
- List price: £32.12
- Code: 29060
- SILVER Outstanding (2014) International Wine & Spirit Competition 2018
The Product and Allergen information provided has been supplied by the Producer/Manufacturer of the products. Matthew Clark gives no warranty or reliance as to the accuracy of the information and anyone relying upon and/or using the information should satisfy themselves as to the accuracy of such information.
Oaked, intense, concentrated reds
- Full-flavoured and mature cheeses e.g. Cheddar, Cheshire, Edam, Gouda. Manchego, parmesan, Pont l’Évêque
- Bay leaf, black pepper, chives, mint, nutmeg, rosemary, thyme
- Grilled, roasted, seared, braised game: boar, duck, grouse, pheasant, venison. Beef, lamb
- Full-flavoured cream- or cheese-based sauces e.g. parmesan. Intense wild mushroom, casserole or jus sauces
- Some good combinations are possible with spicy foods but careful experimentation is required
- Usually vegetables will be supporting a full-flavoured meat or dominating sauce. Hearty lentil dishes. Rich, wild mushroom dishes
About the Wine
This red wine is made by Nederburg in Western Cape. Rich and intense flavours that are perfect for full-flavoured beef and pasta dishes. Formed from primarily Cabernet Sauvignon grapes, this wine is ethically produced and vegetarian. To the best of our knowledge, this wine is wine is an on-trade exclusive. Supplied by Distell.
A full bodied and powerful grape variety with a lot of tannin. It ages very well and like Merlot is bottled as a single varietal or used to give blended wines ‘backbone’ structure and longevity. Classic flavour characteristics include blackcurrant, black cherry, green pepper, chocolate and cedar wood.
- Black Cherry
- Black Currant
- Green Peppercorn
Nederburg is South Africa’s most decorated name in wine, with more prizes and accolades than any other winery in South Africa including, Platter’s Winery of the year, 2017, number 36 for Drinks International ‘Worlds Most Admired Brands’ and in 2016, won International Wine & Spirit Competition South African Wine Producer of the Year trophy for the second time in four years. Nederburg is heavily involved in sustainability projects and WIETA accredited, promoting ethical trade in the wine industry.
A whole generation of enthusiastic, young winemakers are crafting amazing wines on incredible sites whilst putting sustainability high on their agenda, making the South African wine industry progressive and exciting.Explore South Africa