- Type: Red
- Country: France
- Region: Burgundy
- Vintage: 2011
- Producer: Château des Jacques
- Primary grape: Gamay
- Bottle size: 75cl
- List price: £25.04
- Code: 27095
- SILVER (2011) SOMMELIER WINE AWARDS 2018
The Product and Allergen information provided has been supplied by the Producer/Manufacturer of the products. Matthew Clark gives no warranty or reliance as to the accuracy of the information and anyone relying upon and/or using the information should satisfy themselves as to the accuracy of such information.
Oaked, intense, concentrated reds
- Full-flavoured and mature cheeses e.g. Cheddar, Cheshire, Edam, Gouda. Manchego, parmesan, Pont l’Évêque
- Bay leaf, black pepper, chives, mint, nutmeg, rosemary, thyme
- Grilled, roasted, seared, braised game: boar, duck, grouse, pheasant, venison. Beef, lamb
- Full-flavoured cream- or cheese-based sauces e.g. parmesan. Intense wild mushroom, casserole or jus sauces
- Some good combinations are possible with spicy foods but careful experimentation is required
- Usually vegetables will be supporting a full-flavoured meat or dominating sauce. Hearty lentil dishes. Rich, wild mushroom dishes
About the Wine
This red wine is made by Château des Jacques in Burgundy. Fresh, savoury, berry-fruit flavours that are excellent with light game, rich chicken and pork dishes. Formed from primarily Gamay grapes, this wine is ethically produced, vegan and vegetarian friendly. Supplied by Hatch Mansfield.
A French variety planted predominately in Beaujolais. With a fruity, floral, easy drinking this grape created earthy light-bodied red deliciously juicy wines.
- Blackberry Bramble
- Potting Soil
Most of France enjoyed a long, glorious warm summer, which set wineries up for a great 2018 vintage. A welcome relief from the previous one which was the smallest since World War II.Explore France