- Type: Red
- Country: USA
- Region: California
- Vintage: 2014
- Producer: Maxville
- Primary grape: Cabernet Sauvignon
- Secondary grape: Petite Sirah
- Bottle size: 75cl
- List price: £41.54
- Code: 37552
The Product and Allergen information provided has been supplied by the Producer/Manufacturer of the products. Matthew Clark gives no warranty or reliance as to the accuracy of the information and anyone relying upon and/or using the information should satisfy themselves as to the accuracy of such information.
Oaked, intense, concentrated reds
- Full-flavoured and mature cheeses e.g. Cheddar, Cheshire, Edam, Gouda. Manchego, parmesan, Pont l’Évêque
- Bay leaf, black pepper, chives, mint, nutmeg, rosemary, thyme
- Grilled, roasted, seared, braised game: boar, duck, grouse, pheasant, venison. Beef, lamb
- Full-flavoured cream- or cheese-based sauces e.g. parmesan. Intense wild mushroom, casserole or jus sauces
- Some good combinations are possible with spicy foods but careful experimentation is required
- Usually vegetables will be supporting a full-flavoured meat or dominating sauce. Hearty lentil dishes. Rich, wild mushroom dishes
About the Wine
This enjoyable red wine produced by Maxville is crafted in the Napa Valley area of California. This wine is exclusive to Matthew Clark meaning you won't find it at multiple retailers. Available in 75cl bottles, supplied by Terlato wines International. Maxville Cabernet Sauvignon is a delicious wine, made from Chardonnay grapes. This cork closed wine is created with added sulphites. The wine is one of a growing number in our list that can be enjoyed by vegan drinkers. A great choice for rich beef dishes, especially steak.
A full bodied and powerful grape variety with a lot of tannin. It ages very well and like Merlot is bottled as a single varietal or used to give blended wines ‘backbone’ structure and longevity. Classic flavour characteristics include blackcurrant, black cherry, green pepper, chocolate and cedar wood.
- Black Cherry
- Black Currant
- Green Peppercorn
This grape is well known for its deep colour and high tanning levels. The dominant flavors are that of dark chocolate, blueberry, black pepper, sugar plum and black tea.
- Black Pepper
- Black Tea
- Dark Chocolate
The 2018 vintage was a welcome break for Californian wineries who over the last few years haven't had it easy with whole regions being threatened by the weather. Stereotyped for its big, bodied reds, there is certainly a lot more to the USA.Explore USA