- Type: Red
- Country: USA
- Region: California
- Vintage: 2014/2015
- Producer: Maxville
- Primary grape: Cabernet Franc
- Secondary grape: Petite Sirah
- Bottle size: 75cl
- List price: £49.91
- Code: 37551
The Product and Allergen information provided has been supplied by the Producer/Manufacturer of the products. Matthew Clark gives no warranty or reliance as to the accuracy of the information and anyone relying upon and/or using the information should satisfy themselves as to the accuracy of such information.
Oaked, intense, concentrated reds
- Full-flavoured and mature cheeses e.g. Cheddar, Cheshire, Edam, Gouda. Manchego, parmesan, Pont l’Évêque
- Bay leaf, black pepper, chives, mint, nutmeg, rosemary, thyme
- Grilled, roasted, seared, braised game: boar, duck, grouse, pheasant, venison. Beef, lamb
- Full-flavoured cream- or cheese-based sauces e.g. parmesan. Intense wild mushroom, casserole or jus sauces
- Some good combinations are possible with spicy foods but careful experimentation is required
- Usually vegetables will be supporting a full-flavoured meat or dominating sauce. Hearty lentil dishes. Rich, wild mushroom dishes
About the Wine
This cracking red Wine produced by Maxville is produced in the Napa Valley area of California. This wine is exclusive to Matthew Clark, you won't find it at multiple retailers. Available in 75cl bottles, supplied by Terlato Wines International. Maxville Cabernet Franc, Napa Valley is a delighful wine, made with Cabernet Franc and Petite Sirah grapes. This wine has a cork closure and is one of a growing number in our list that can be enjoyed by vegan drinkers. Savoury and herbal, great to cut through rich dishes.
It is principally grown for blending with Cabernet Sauvignon and Merlot in the Bordeaux style. Depending on the region, additional aromas include tobacco, raspberry, bell pepper, cassis and violets.
- Bell Pepper
- Chili Pepper
- Crushed Gravel
This grape is well known for its deep colour and high tanning levels. The dominant flavors are that of dark chocolate, blueberry, black pepper, sugar plum and black tea.
- Black Pepper
- Black Tea
- Dark Chocolate
Due to an extended, cooler growing season in 2019, grapes ripened with lower levels of sugar and a higher than average yield. The wines are full flavoured with fresh acidity and superb balance. The USA should not be overlooked for only producing full-bodied, powerful wines - there is so much more to discover beyond the stereotype.Explore USA