- Type: Red
- Country: Argentina
- Region: San Juan
- Vintage: 2016
- Producer: Finca los Moras
- Primary grape: Malbec
- Bottle size: 75cl
- List price: £9.84
- Code: 35766
- 2018, Bronze Sommelier Wine Awards 2019
- 2017, Bronze Decanter World Wine Awards 2019
The Product and Allergen information provided has been supplied by the Producer/Manufacturer of the products. Matthew Clark gives no warranty or reliance as to the accuracy of the information and anyone relying upon and/or using the information should satisfy themselves as to the accuracy of such information.
Oaked, intense, concentrated reds
- Full-flavoured and mature cheeses e.g. Cheddar, Cheshire, Edam, Gouda. Manchego, parmesan, Pont l’Évêque
- Bay leaf, black pepper, chives, mint, nutmeg, rosemary, thyme
- Grilled, roasted, seared, braised game: boar, duck, grouse, pheasant, venison. Beef, lamb
- Full-flavoured cream- or cheese-based sauces e.g. parmesan. Intense wild mushroom, casserole or jus sauces
- Some good combinations are possible with spicy foods but careful experimentation is required
- Usually vegetables will be supporting a full-flavoured meat or dominating sauce. Hearty lentil dishes. Rich, wild mushroom dishes
About the Wine
This fabulous red Wine produced by Finca los Moras is produced in San Juan. This wine is exclusive to Matthew Clark, you won't find it at multiple retailers. Available in 75cl bottles, supplied by Penaflor. Los Intocables Black Malbec, San Juan is a delighful wine, made from Malbec grapes. This wine has a cork closure and is one of a growing number in our list that can be enjoyed by vegan drinkers. Relish the heat up when paired with spicy dishes; peps up grilled and roasted beef or lamb dishes.
Malbec is a deeply coloured, intense and tannic, but fruity red. Since Argentina has almost taken it on as its own, it's grown increasingly in popularity. Typically Malbec has flavour characteristics of baked plums, black cherry, violets, sweet spice and sometimes coffee.
- Red Plum
Finca los Moras wines are distributed in over 45 countries around the world. The origin of the winery was borne out of the terroir of the San Juan valleys of Tulum, Zonda and Pedernal; the variety of of microclimatic conditions brings intensity, youthfulness and aroma to the blends. ‘Moras’ refers to the blackberries grown on the trees that are widely planted on the estate; it is their symbol of fruit at its greatest expression.
Blessed with outstanding natural diversity, as well as a real desire to put sustainability at the heart of their winemaking, Argentia remains a committed and naturally exciting wine producing country.Explore Argentina