- Type: Red
- Country: France
- Region: France
- Vintage: 2017/2018
- Producer: Le Caprice
- Primary grape: Merlot
- Bottle size: 75cl
- List price: £5.89
- Code: 24908
The Product and Allergen information provided has been supplied by the Producer/Manufacturer of the products. Matthew Clark gives no warranty or reliance as to the accuracy of the information and anyone relying upon and/or using the information should satisfy themselves as to the accuracy of such information.
Light, bright, fresh reds
- Appenzeller, Brie, chaumes, Cheddar, Cheshire, Gruyère, Morbier, parmesan, Port-Salut. Creamy blue
- Bouillabaisse, cod with pancetta, seared e.g. salmon, sea bass, sea bream, tuna
- Anise, basil, bay leaf, capers, chives, mint, sage, saffron
- Light pork dishes, black pudding, charcuterie, roast chicken, goose, guinea fowl, turkey
- Bolognese, tomato-based sauces e.g. napoletana. Lasagne, spicy sauces e.g. arrabiata, chorizo and paprika
- Spicy, savoury e.g. teriyaki. Light Indian e.g. rogan josh. Jerk chicken or pork, piri-piri
- Smoked and cured-meat salads. Grilled vegetables, olives, ratatouille, mushroom risotto
About the Wine
This lovely red Wine produced by Le Caprice is crafted in the Vin de France area of France. This wine is exclusive to Matthew Clark, you won't find it at multiple retailers. Available in 75cl bottles, imported by Les Grands Chais de France. Le Caprice Merlot, Vin de France is a mouth-watering wine, made from Merlot grapes. This screwcap wine is available to order online today. Good with light Mediterranean dishes with cream, cheese or tomato sauces.
Merlot produces medium bodied, fleshy, juicy wines with round tannins. Often seen as a single varietal, or in a blend with Cabernet Sauvignon to take the hard edges off. Its grown all over the world and commercially one of the most important red grapes in the on-trade.
Following on from a fantastic vintage the year before, French vineyards endured a mixed bag of weather conditions in the early part of the growing season followed by a long, hot summer which produced some memorable wines, even to rival to the excellence of the previous year.Explore France