- Type: Red
- Country: France
- Region: Languedoc-Roussillon
- Vintage: 2018
- Producer: La Campagne
- Primary grape: Shiraz/Syrah
- Bottle size: 75cl
- List price: £6.15
- Code: 14163
The Product and Allergen information provided has been supplied by the Producer/Manufacturer of the products. Matthew Clark gives no warranty or reliance as to the accuracy of the information and anyone relying upon and/or using the information should satisfy themselves as to the accuracy of such information.
Spicy, peppery, warming reds
- Brie de Meaux, creamy blue cheeses e.g. cambozola. Emmenthal, Cheshire. Mature hard cheeses e.g. Cheddar. Munster
- Black pepper, cloves, coriander, fennel, ginger, nutmeg, paprika, rosemary, thyme
- Seared, grilled, roasted, braised game: boar, duck, goose, grouse, pheasant, venison. Beef, lamb, sausages
- BBQ, bolognese, creambased sauces, lasagna, pepper or chilli sauces to turn up the heat
- Spicy wine intensifies heat with Mexican mole, Tex-Mex or dishes with chipotle peppers, chilli con carne.
- Spicy salads that support meat or spices e.g. red pepper, black bean and sweetcorn. Stuffed aubergine
About the Wine
This excellent red wine from La Campagne originates from the Pays d'Oc area of Languedoc-Roussillon. This wine is exclusive to Matthew Clark meaning you won't find it at multiple retailers. Available in 75cl bottles, distributed in the UK by LGI (Viticulteurs de L'Union). La Campagne Shiraz is an inspired wine, made from Shriaz grapes. This screwcap wine is created with added sulphites. The wine is one of a growing number in our list that can be enjoyed by vegan drinkers. Adds spice and juicy fruit, to full-flavoured beef, lamb or game dishes.
Shee-rahz / See-rah
The same grape variety, often referred to as Syrah, Old World and Shiraz, New World. It produces deep concentrated wines, full in body, alcohol and tannin. Deep almost opaque purple colour, loads of black fruit and pepper flavours and aromas. When it develops, or is of high quality it often shows notes of leather, spice, smoke and mint.
- Black Plum
- Green Peppercorn
- Milk Chocolate
Most of France enjoyed a long, glorious warm summer, which set wineries up for a great 2018 vintage. A welcome relief from the previous one which was the smallest since World War II.Explore France