- Type: Red
- Country: Australia
- Region: South Australia
- Vintage: 2014
- Producer: JJ Hahn
- Primary grape: Shiraz/Syrah
- Secondary grape: Cabernet Sauvignon
- Bottle size: 75cl
- List price: £11.15
- Code: 25667
The Product and Allergen information provided has been supplied by the Producer/Manufacturer of the products. Matthew Clark gives no warranty or reliance as to the accuracy of the information and anyone relying upon and/or using the information should satisfy themselves as to the accuracy of such information.
Spicy, peppery, warming reds
- Brie de Meaux, creamy blue cheeses e.g. cambozola. Emmenthal, Cheshire. Mature hard cheeses e.g. Cheddar. Munster
- Black pepper, cloves, coriander, fennel, ginger, nutmeg, paprika, rosemary, thyme
- Seared, grilled, roasted, braised game: boar, duck, goose, grouse, pheasant, venison. Beef, lamb, sausages
- BBQ, bolognese, creambased sauces, lasagna, pepper or chilli sauces to turn up the heat
- Spicy wine intensifies heat with Mexican mole, Tex-Mex or dishes with chipotle peppers, chilli con carne.
- Spicy salads that support meat or spices e.g. red pepper, black bean and sweetcorn. Stuffed aubergine
About the Wine
This red wine is made by JJ Hahn in South Australia. Spicy, rich, fruit-driven partner for bold beef and chicken dishes with hot, tangy or fruity dark sauces. Formed from primarily Shiraz/Syrah grapes, this wine is vegetarian. To the best of our knowledge, this wine is wine is an on-trade exclusive. Supplied by JJ Hahn Wine Company.
A full bodied and powerful grape variety with a lot of tannin. It ages very well and like Merlot is bottled as a single varietal or used to give blended wines ‘backbone’ structure and longevity. Classic flavour characteristics include blackcurrant, black cherry, green pepper, chocolate and cedar wood.
- Black Cherry
- Black Currant
- Green Peppercorn
Shee-rahz / See-rah
The same grape variety, often referred to as Syrah, Old World and Shiraz, New World. It produces deep concentrated wines, full in body, alcohol and tannin. Deep almost opaque purple colour, loads of black fruit and pepper flavours and aromas. When it develops, or is of high quality it often shows notes of leather, spice, smoke and mint.
- Black Plum
- Green Peppercorn
- Milk Chocolate
Australia is at the start of an exciting wine journey. Having been a successful wine growing country with their classic punchy style, we are now seeing more experimentation and diversity, and it's for the better.Explore Australia