- Type: Red
- Country: Spain
- Region: Castilla y Leon
- Vintage: 2014
- Producer: Valdubón
- Primary grape: Tempranillo
- Secondary grape: Merlot
- Bottle size: 75cl
- List price: £21.73
- Code: 35791
- 2014, Silver Decanter World Wine Awards 2019
The Product and Allergen information provided has been supplied by the Producer/Manufacturer of the products. Matthew Clark gives no warranty or reliance as to the accuracy of the information and anyone relying upon and/or using the information should satisfy themselves as to the accuracy of such information.
Spicy, peppery, warming reds
- Brie de Meaux, creamy blue cheeses e.g. cambozola. Emmenthal, Cheshire. Mature hard cheeses e.g. Cheddar. Munster
- Black pepper, cloves, coriander, fennel, ginger, nutmeg, paprika, rosemary, thyme
- Seared, grilled, roasted, braised game: boar, duck, goose, grouse, pheasant, venison. Beef, lamb, sausages
- BBQ, bolognese, creambased sauces, lasagna, pepper or chilli sauces to turn up the heat
- Spicy wine intensifies heat with Mexican mole, Tex-Mex or dishes with chipotle peppers, chilli con carne.
- Spicy salads that support meat or spices e.g. red pepper, black bean and sweetcorn. Stuffed aubergine
About the Wine
This excellent red Wine from Valdubón is produced in the Ribera del Duero area of Castilla y Leon. You won't find this wine stocked in multiple retailers. Available in 75cl bottles, supplied by Freixenet. Honoris de Valdubón Ribera del Duero is an inviting wine, made with Tempranillo/Tinta Roriz/Aragonêz, Merlot and Cabernet Sauvignon grapes. This wine has a cork closure and is like many wines in our list, this wine is suitable for vegan diets. Juicy, ripe and rich, perfect with spicy lamb, rich venison or opulently flavoured beef dishes.
Merlot produces medium bodied, fleshy, juicy wines with round tannins. Often seen as a single varietal, or in a blend with Cabernet Sauvignon to take the hard edges off. Its grown all over the world and commercially one of the most important red grapes in the on-trade.
The grape behind Rioja and widely planted in Spain in general. Tempranillo lends itself to significant oak ageing, it tastes of ripe
strawberry, autumnal, baked, berry fruit with sweet Christmas spices.
- Sweet Tobacco
Spain has a huge number of unusual and captivating regions aside from the beautiful Rioja. Whilst tradition remains, some producers are really pushing boundaries making Spain one country to keep coming back to.Explore Spain