- Type: Red
- Country: Spain
- Region: Valencia
- Vintage: 2017
- Producer: Gustavete el Mudo
- Primary grape: Mourvèdre/Monastrell
- Bottle size: 75cl
- List price: £10.04
- Code: 29262
The Product and Allergen information provided has been supplied by the Producer/Manufacturer of the products. Matthew Clark gives no warranty or reliance as to the accuracy of the information and anyone relying upon and/or using the information should satisfy themselves as to the accuracy of such information.
Juicy, medium-bodied, fruit-led reds
- Cambozola & other creamy blue cheeses. Camembert, Cheddar, Cheshire, Epoisses, Gouda, parmesan, Reblochon
- Grilled fish with sauce made using similar wine e.g. salmon, sea bass or tuna with a red wine butter sauce
- Coriander, cumin, marjoram, mint, mustard, oregano, paprika, rosemary, sage, thyme
- Chicken, duck, turkey. Light beef or pheasant, dishes. Calves liver, ostrich. Smoked or cured meats, sausages
- Balsamic, BBQ, bolognese, cooked tomato sauces, lasagna, mustard sauce, truffle or wild mushroom sauces
- Moderate to hot Indian e.g. jalfrezi, Madras. Rich Chinese e.g. black bean sauce, Sichuan lamb hot pot. Harissa-spiced lamb
- Smoked and cured-meat salads, Tuscan bean salad. Lentils, roasted vegetables, vegetable risotto, roasted nuts
About the Wine
This delightful red Wine produced by Gustavete el Mudo originates from the Alicante area of Spain. This wine is exclusive to Matthew Clark, you won't find it at multiple retailers. Available in 75cl bottles, supplied by De Haan Altes SL. Gustavete el Mudo Monastrell, Alicante is a delighful wine, made from Mourvèdre/Monastrell grapes. This wine has a cork closure and, like many wines on our list, this wine is suitable for vegan diets. Rich, brooding, fruit-driven partner for bold beef and lamb dishes with rich sauces.
A deeply bold, smoky red wine found in abundance in Central Spain and Southern France (where it’s known as Mourvèdre).
- Black Pepper
- Roasted Meat
Spain has a huge number of unusual and captivating regions aside from the beautiful Rioja. Whilst tradition remains, some producers are really pushing boundaries making Spain one country to keep coming back to.Explore Spain