- Type: Red
- Country: Italy
- Region: Toscana
- Vintage: 2010
- Producer: Vicchiomaggio
- Primary grape: Merlot
- Bottle size: 75cl
- List price: £164.38
- Code: 30470
The Product and Allergen information provided has been supplied by the Producer/Manufacturer of the products. Matthew Clark gives no warranty or reliance as to the accuracy of the information and anyone relying upon and/or using the information should satisfy themselves as to the accuracy of such information.
Sophisticated, polished, complex reds
- Can be very flexible with many cheeses including sheeps’, Morbier, Epoisse, Vacherin, Cheddar
- Lighter examples can work with some richer fish dishes
- Classic French herbs such as parsley, thyme and bay leaf. Spices should complement and not overwhelm the wine
- Game such as duck and boar. Fine cuts of beef. Lean meats such as roe deer or ostrich
- Truffle and wild mushroom, jus with redcurrant or similar fruit, Bourguignonne, Chasseur sauces
- Some wines, with light tannins, will work with lightly-spiced dishes
- Pigeon or duck, walnut and beetroot, smoked- meat salads. Truffle or wild mushroom risotto. Autumn squash
About the Wine
This delightful red Wine created by Vicchiomaggio is made in the Chianti area of Toscana. Available in 75cl bottles, distributed in the UK by Vinimpo. FSM, Castello Vicchiomaggio is an inspired wine, made from Merlot grapes. This wine has a cork closure and, like many wines on our list, this wine is suitable for vegan diets. Rich and intense flavours that are perfect for full-flavoured beef and pasta dishes.
Merlot produces medium bodied, fleshy, juicy wines with round tannins. Often seen as a single varietal, or in a blend with Cabernet Sauvignon to take the hard edges off. Its grown all over the world and commercially one of the most important red grapes in the on-trade.
From the cold northern regions to the sizzling south of Sicily, Italy is a kaleidoscope of colours, flavours, grapes and styles from regions such as Barolo to lesser-known Montefalco and Etna.Explore Italy