- Type: Red
- Country: Portugal
- Region: Alentejo
- Vintage: 2018
- Producer: Esporão
- Primary grape: Cabernet Sauvignon
- Secondary grape: Touriga Franca
- Bottle size: 75cl
- List price: £11.29
- Code: 37598
The Product and Allergen information provided has been supplied by the Producer/Manufacturer of the products. Matthew Clark gives no warranty or reliance as to the accuracy of the information and anyone relying upon and/or using the information should satisfy themselves as to the accuracy of such information.
Spicy, peppery, warming reds
- Brie de Meaux, creamy blue cheeses e.g. cambozola. Emmenthal, Cheshire. Mature hard cheeses e.g. Cheddar. Munster
- Black pepper, cloves, coriander, fennel, ginger, nutmeg, paprika, rosemary, thyme
- Seared, grilled, roasted, braised game: boar, duck, goose, grouse, pheasant, venison. Beef, lamb, sausages
- BBQ, bolognese, creambased sauces, lasagna, pepper or chilli sauces to turn up the heat
- Spicy wine intensifies heat with Mexican mole, Tex-Mex or dishes with chipotle peppers, chilli con carne.
- Spicy salads that support meat or spices e.g. red pepper, black bean and sweetcorn. Stuffed aubergine
About the Wine
This superb red Wine by Esporão is made in Alentejo. Available in 75cl bottles, imported by BARWELL & JONES. Esporao Colheita Tinto Organic, Alentejo is a mouth-watering wine, made with Cabernet Sauvignon and Touriga Franca grapes. This wine has a cork closure and is crafted using organic practices and made to be suitable for vegan consumers. Rich berry fruits and spice make this the perfect partner for roasted red meats.
A full bodied and powerful grape variety with a lot of tannin. It ages very well and like Merlot is bottled as a single varietal or used to give blended wines ‘backbone’ structure and longevity. Classic flavour characteristics include blackcurrant, black cherry, green pepper, chocolate and cedar wood.
- Black Cherry
- Black Currant
- Green Peppercorn
Used mainly for Port wine production, this grape produces deep colour wines with floral, red-fruit flavours. It is more aromatic and lighter bodied than Touriga Nacional.
- Blackberry Sauce
- Pink Peppercorn
- Rose Petal
Portugal has many different regions and wine styles to explore. The terroir is so diverse, from mountain to maritime vineyards, hot and dry to cool and green; producing Port, light whites to full bodied reds and delicious rosés.Explore Portugal